Green & white

Greeneyesgreenthumbs

I split your new marble into a new thread ... and I put my own title on it based on the colors I was seeing.

THEN I noticed your description of the marble, "electric blue base white opaque Swirl" ...

So I'm seeing the colors differently.  

Whatever the colors, I'm confident that it is not Christensen Agate. 

Possibly Alley Agate.

Ok I see the problem I’ve been having is bleeding over to y’all to. I inherited 5 thousand plus marbles in 8 large boxes from my 100 year old grandmother after she passed away. She knew I to had an itch for glassware and pretty marbles but her collection takes things to another level. The past year I’ve off and on tried to open these up and identify some of them but everything looks like an Akro Agate. Ive even started dreaming about different patterned marbles lol. I’ve spent hours identifying Marbles only to find out I was wrong more often than not. Don’t get me wrong I’m having fun but it’s frustrating trying to organize these and I want to get it right. Thank you everyone for you’re assistance in helping this country girl out! I hope I am doing this correctly and not bothering anyone posting these for help. I’ve read many different blogs and post. The people here seem to be the most educated and polite so that’s why I’m here. Thank y’all 

No worries!  When you're dreaming about them, maybe time for a break (lol) but no worries!  

Not a pontil.  Pontils are on handmade marbles.  Yours is a machinemade marble.   You have some "drizzle" ... where the marble got hung up somewhere and a string of glass was formed and then it was rounded back into the marble.  

Jabo is modern marble.  They mostly made industrial marbles, like for paint cans.  But they made some play marbles also, called "classics".  Their classics were made from 1991 to 2007.  After that they made some fancier marbles in special contract runs. 

So, some people who are hoping for vintage marbles are unhappy to learn they have modern marbles.  

I'm still holding out hope for vintage myself, but the drizzle makes it a nice oddball, whenever it was made.

Jabo swirl with drizzle. Or Heaton swirl with drizzle.The blue, green color has a slight bleed over in the white base. It is not electric color, just transparent, translucent blue, green. The more times I look at it, I lean more Heaton Agate.  It is a white base with transparent green, added to the base. Not always but usually, the largest amount of color is the base glass in the main furnace. There is more white with this marble than the green. The green was added near the front of the furnace as the main base glass exits to the shear then to the marble machine rolls. White is many time the base glass color. White was the lowest price colored glass.  Other colored glass cost more than white. Red cost the most. Making 1000lbs. of marbles, the best cost is 800lb. of white and 200lb. of the transparent green, for the colored swirl marbles like the above. 

Sometimes it is very difficult to tell what the base glass is. Maybe two or three colors and all look to be the same amounts. Transparent color helps has you can see more inside the marble. With all opaque colors you cannot tell what or how much of each color may be inside the marble. 

Plus marbles have many exceptions. You have to go with the majority dealing with marbles.