Marbleized

Peltier NLR?

Hi Steph and Marble Connection People, Here's some pics of a marble that I think is a Peltier but was thinking that I might be a Jabo because it was bigger than most of my Peltiers (.66") and the marble was in too great a shape to find in an antique store for a dollar. Also, one of the seams looks more "pointed" than my other pelts.  Do you think it could be an NLR?  I won't be disappointed if it is a Jabo, but would be stoked if it is an NLR.  

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

It is definitely Peltier nlr Christmas tree. With the added brown it has additional character and it’s a killer. Congrats on finding it. That is what it’s all about finding that great marble at the corner antique shop.

Nice find.  Great price, probably the lowest you will ever get a nice Pelt Christmas Tree for.  All the effort pays off. The effort can pay off in many different ways. 

Wow!  Nice surprise!  Thanks for all of your help!  To think it was just sitting in my box of marbles waiting for me to pay attention to it.  I can see why Al Oregon was feeling Marble King.  I'm currently digging through my Marble Kings and came across something that resembled the peltier a little. It has that somewhat pronounced seam.  Thanks again!

IMG_4569.jpg

There is a resemblance to the untrained eye specially the cutlines but there are fundamental differences between the two marbles. Peltier has 6 ribbons while marble king has two ribbons and a patch.

Thanks! I find that one of the difficulties for me, as a novice, is remembering to keep all these characteristics in mind. When I remember to look for one, I forget to compare another.😬

13 hours ago, machinemades said:

There is a resemblance to the untrained eye specially the cutlines but there are fundamental differences between the two marbles. Peltier has 6 ribbons while marble king has two ribbons and a patch.

Great info.