Once in awhile I troll the marbles on e-bay.

On several occasions this has been something

that kind of bothers me.

When I started this addiction 30 + years ago.

It was knowledge, or lack there of, that

guided the mibs. that I bought.

Now, it's scary!

I hope that I'm right about this.

Is this what the seller say's it is?

Or a named hook to catch a big payday $1,500

from a novice collector. The seller has 261+ feedback.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Marbles/58799/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=peltier&_dmd=2&_sop=16

just found another one different seller?? You can get all of these for a mere $ 599.00 whew!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peltier-Purie-Tri-Lite-Cub-Scout-whit-green-Cats-Eye-614-Marble-lot-no-return/164041457328?hash=item2631a1feb0:g:tuwAAOSw4gVeJnFV

Thanks

marblemiser

Edited by MARBLEMISER
add info

The $1500 Alley that they're calling a Peltier Galaxy?  I don't recognize the seller.   Looks like they could really think they have a galaxy and have priced it accordingly. 

I'm going to raise the insurance on my marbles

Ebay marble listings makes a good laugh every day of the year.  Some people just do not mind making their self look like a fool. Just a few minutes research, even of other marble listings would help several. Many times the title says enough. When they add words used with three or four different companies marbles. That says fast that they have no idea what they have or the value. Many times they may be better off just listing, marbles for sale or unknown marbles for sale. Some people have a lot more time to waste than most of us. I guess that one successful con a year can make it worth while to some people.  The word travels fast in the marble collecting community. Marble collecting may be coast to coast but marble collectors stay in touch frequently. They may lie or rip people off a few times or for a short while. But word will travel and they will be gone. They might list no returns, but when ebay gets involved,  a no return would be rare. Ebay is a buyers market, not a sellers market.  When buyers send every misrepresented item back for a full refund, then the false listings will slow. 

Totally spot-on ! Thankfully, word does travel fast in the marble community, and the shady, corrupt ones get exposed fast.