Would love to get some feedback on these two marbles.  The base is opaque and possibly black or purple. the veneer ribbon looks lavenderish and white. The ribbons look like the Master brushed patches, but the seams are just slightly curved which is why I'm thinking MK.  Size is .61".  Thank you.

IMG_7948.jpg

IMG_7955.jpg

Vitro was in Anacortes a short time --  I have it down as 1989 to 1992.  

Here's an old scan of my Vitros from an Anacortes bag.   Yes, a scan.   Will probably get an actual photograph someday.

uhkC0Rm.jpg

Nice scan, Steph!  I will have to go back into my Vitros and unidentified marbles to see if I have any of those.  So this "lavenderish" color could be an indicator of a possible Anacortes Vitro, it seems. Not the vibrant colors of the old Vitros, but still pretty nice.  And, such a short period of time.  Thanks!

Hi Steph, I may have found one of those Anacortes Vitros that you have in your scan. I'm attaching pics.  The green translucent base is bubbly and the white patch is very opaque (seems thick). There also seems to be threads or streaks of white that go from pole to pole which makes the green seem a little lighter than the green in my helmets. The size is .63" though.  Slightly bigger than the ones i originally posted. 

IMG_7989.jpg

IMG_7990.jpg

IMG_7991.jpg

I would not be surprised if this one of yours turned out to be older ... like 1930's instead of 1990 ... but I'll dig out my Anacortes and try to get a close up of the ones I think you might be looking at.  

Cool! It’s just amazing ... if marbles could talk... I wonder what this marble has seen in it’s existence. BTW, no rush. Whenever you have time. Thanks! 

On 7/12/2020 at 4:18 AM, Marbleized said:

Cool! It’s just amazing ... if marbles could talk... I wonder what this marble has seen in it’s existence. BTW, no rush. Whenever you have time. Thanks! 

Grrrr.  Haven't found it yet.  Should be in plain sight. Of course I'd be tripping over it if I didn't want to find it so much.