Catherine

Art Millefiori unsigned marble ID and Date Help

Hello, 

I found this marble in a glass dump while I was looking for old bottles. Found about 4 feet down in dirt and some bottles dating 1940’s. Seems to be single small point Pontil. Thank You! 

catherine

57F310DD-4549-4379-85E2-CF85C6994DCA.jpeg

8854D14F-5076-4CBE-AEA7-EEF71EC00287.jpeg

E0A13B7E-07FA-47D8-A927-B4F085442546.jpeg

4CC4DF55-5D93-4CC0-99B9-3F81EA817D07.jpeg

That is gorgeous. I don't think I would call it milliflori though. How big, it looks to be at least an inch. There are some contemporary hand made experts on here, they should chime in soon. But I'll say again, that is a nice one. 

Thanks

Bruce

Thank you Bruce, I really didn’t see the Millefiori either, though some on Facebook thought so. That is why I joined this group of more experienced And educated marble collectors! I don’t think the flower designs have the Millefiori cane look. I look forward to more feedback. Yes, as far as I can tell, the marble is exactly 1 inch. 

8 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

The location of the dump (without getting specific) might help narrow things down.  Was it in North America?

Yes, Lansing Michigan. At one time there were a significant population of English, Bavarian and German immigrants in this area.