swirls for id

bonniemarbles

Here's other views of the red & blue marble -I found two cut lines with my magnifying glass so am leaning to Peltier also- the cut lines were really hard to find in the swirls & I hadn't even thought of Peltier. I also found the blue base is translucent with a few very fine clear lines that go through the marble to the other side. (If It takes this same amount of time & thought process for all my unidentified marbles I'll still be going through them when the virus is done!.) O.K., so can I call this a Superboy marble? Thanks bunches, Bonnie

swirle.jpg

swirlf.jpg

swirlg.jpg

Ron, this is about my favorite marble, so I'm really trying to tell Alleys from other marbles of similar look. I put these marbles under the screen with your great picture of the array of Alleys & these other 4 of mine had the same looks of many there- are there tell-tale signs that these are or aren't Alleys?  There's a Jabo classic the looks much the same except the red swirls look larger & less delicate -I have 4 for comparison, but I don't know of others I need to be aware of. I'm sort of a stickler about categories, I want all my peas to be peas, so I want my favorite marbles to be in their right place (I like this color combination in Peltier too, but their are easy to id & put together ). Thank you for all your help, & to others that have responded, Bonnie

a mib.jpg

a mib a.jpg

a mib b.jpg

a mib c.jpg

All four Alleys.   With the 5/8 Jabos similar to these. The red most times is wider, it will stay on the surface more, Many times the red will be in a C-U or S shape and on about half the marble. There is a 3/4 inch Jabo named Frank's Alley. Named for Frank Sellers a friend of mine and grandson of L.E. Alley.  I have never seen a 3/4 Alley with this yellow base and red or orange. The 5/8 Jabo classics will also usually have small white marks, pecks, little sparkles, hits. They mixed the different colors of the 5/8 Jabo classics with 2 1/2 gallon metal buckets. A 1500-2000Lb. box of red, one of blue, one of green setting side by side along with a empty box. A metal bucket full or marbles from each box, dumped over into the empty box. So they have lots of contact spots. Lots of small or tiny white looking spots on a otherwise mint 5/8 marble beware of Jabo classics.  

The 3/4 Jabo Frank's Alley looks the nearest to these true 5/8 Alleys.  Size matters. If like these and 3/4 it is 99% chance of Jabo.

Alleys.

I do not see many of the Frank"s Alleys Jabos any more. They were made about 2003, same run as the first or early Jabo Superman. I was at Jabo when both were made.  Most people has forgot the name or what they look like.  But the serious Jabo collectors know them.