Gardening?

Steph

Do you garden?

I have a small backyard, with small garden plots trying not to take up the whole space.   And cucumber vines are pretty, so for the past two years I've had cucumbers in the front planter.   Not going to do that again -- because the planter is from 1951 and I'm worried about the damage I'm doing with water and dirt -- but enjoying it now. 

I was getting one or two small-to-medium cucumbers a day ... very manageable ... and then poof!  Overnight I got four gigantic ones ... and two more medium ones.  Getting out of hand.   Delicious though.

g03oabg.jpg

Delicious though.  

• 3 weeks later...

^ year's ago before I sold my house to my Sister I had a very nice garden that extended clear across the yard on the sunny side. Lot's of tomatoes, onion's, garlic which I planted in Dec., some butternut squash and my fav. sugar snap peas, I consumed them as fast as they came onto the vine. Kind of miss having a garden, it really kept me busy, most I can have here in this apt. is a tomato plant out on the deck. Good luck on keeping up w/ those cucumber's when they really start to bloom, I have a feeling your neighbor will soon be your best friend.  

LOL.  She's already my bestie.   Our house is cute and comfortable but has some glaring issues, so hubby wouldn't have chosen it if I hadn't glowed about it from the first time I saw it.  But I wouldn't trade my neighbors for anything.  I really lucked out.   (We moved here 3.5 years ago.)

She helped me get the job I now have.  That was last October.  Wasn't even gonna garden this year besides a couple of tomato plants but got laid off during the stay at home orders.  So I went ahead and put the garden in.    Then got called back to work, so my plants aren't getting nearly as much water as they did last year.  And I'm not caring too much.  

I've had my fun.  I've tried different things.  Four summers in a row.  The urgency is gone.

But still sometimes dreaming about a small greenhouse to help get plants started earlier in the cool Wisconsin spring .....