Marble Packaging pic's, bag,s, boxes, etc.

Chad G.

And what a lucky man you are, most excellent, I especially like the alley's being one of my two favorite's, I know I won't see that box anywhere else. I had s few different assorted boxes of mib's in the past but all gone in the ensuing divorce I went through. All the more challenging and fun to try and play catch up. If I can ever find them again ??

I lost 75% of everything marble wise that I had during a divorce in 2005.  Some of those original packages that I had then, I have never been able to replace or find. Original packages especially rare mesh bags have disappeared. 

49 minutes ago, wvrons said:

I lost 75% of everything marble wise that I had during a divorce in 2005.  Some of those original packages that I had then, I have never been able to replace or find. Original packages especially rare mesh bags have disappeared. 

Sound's as if we have more than 1 thing in common. I still have about 1/3 of the pic's from the old collection I had before my divorce, I don't really like looking at them but have them none the less. The last time I seen any orig. packaging besides cat eye bag's was the box I got with the chinker check board I bought, still have the board you seen, and mib's but the box took a walk ??  Leaves me w/ 0 packaging except for the lone game bag and repro box. Collector's that are lucky enough to still have packaging aren't letting it go, as I suppose I wouldn't either.

If you are on Facebook, I have a "page" called Marble Bags and Boxes and there are albums of various makers with pics of the bags (and boxes) that I have.  I have not uploaded all my pics yet - did the smaller companies and some like advertising bags.  Still lots to add if I get the time.  Here is a link - https://www.facebook.com/marblebags/photos/?tab=album&ref=

58 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

If you are on Facebook, I have a "page" called Marble Bags and Boxes and there are albums of various makers with pics of the bags (and boxes) that I have.  I have not uploaded all my pics yet - did the smaller companies and some like advertising bags.  Still lots to add if I get the time.  Here is a link - https://www.facebook.com/marblebags/photos/?tab=album&ref=

Thank's for the link Al, I don't as of yet have a Facebook account but your offer is very enticing.

My only package. Looks like an assortment from a few different companies; Alley, Vitro, MK, etc.  Although it says "made in U.S.A." there are at least a couple in it that I would call Vacor. They're in a vinyl bag. Is there an approximate date for vinyl as opposed to older cellophane and mesh? Thanks

Bruce 

bag1.jpg

bag2.jpg

Those boxes of mib's in the pic's are way above my pay grade, even if I had the money they're impossible to get because collector's have them all, sorry Berryb I'm not a package expert but your right the bag you have is new, look at the staple's, no rust and  even if there was people can put a diluted muriatic acid solution on them and they'll rust up in a day, I know because I've been duped before but not in a long time. Generally marble people are very honest and will go the extra yard to help out, I love this hobby I've made some good friend's and acquired some beautiful marble's along the way There's nothin else I'd rather do. Keep diggin !!!

Regards,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Chad G.

The Shur Shooter bag is fantasy. The fantasy bags will have newer usually foreign marbles in them. Al had a list of a 100 or more fake and fantasy bags. Most of the original vintage plastic bags of marbles will have a 1/2 inch wide melted seam top to bottom in the center on the backside of the bag. I have never seen anyone yet fake this melted seam. There are hundreds of fantasy and fake plastic bags on the market especially ebay for several years now. Many came from one man in FL.  Value for them is about zero. I have never seen a decent fake mesh bag. There are Alox bags with newer marbles in them. But the mesh bag is original. They were sold by the rolls at the last Alox auction after the company closed. The buyers filled them with newer marbles. There were also original Alox headers sold by the roll at the same autcion. There are fake boxes and restored original box sets of marbles. 

Plastic bag of marbles, look for the melted seam down the center of the back. Some later original bags may not have it but 98% of the old original plastic bags of marbles will have the seam.

You cannot always go by the staples. They can be rusted and new. I have mesh bags from 1945 that have nice bright staples. 

Original bags and box sets of marbles can be expensive. So you need to have some knowledge of them. Some box sets can sell for $1000.00- $5000.00 - $10,000.00 - $30,000.00 .  A good 100 count Sparkler box can sell for $6,000-$8000.00. I know because I sold one.  The CAC 100 count box above I had in my hands. I have one of only two Alley salesman sample cases.

Original mesh bags can sell for $20.00 to $400.00 each. 

Original plastic bags can sell for $5.00 to $150.00 each.

Akro 200 tins can sell for $250.00- $750.00 each.

Bags, boxes, tin, prices can also depend on what marbles are inside it.

7 hours ago, wvrons said:

The Shur Shooter bag is fantasy. The fantasy bags will have newer usually foreign marbles in them. Al had a list of a 100 or more fake and fantasy bags. Most of the original vintage plastic bags of marbles will have a 1/2 inch wide melted seam top to bottom in the center on the backside of the bag. I have never seen anyone yet fake this melted seam. There are hundreds of fantasy and fake plastic bags on the market especially ebay for several years now. Many came from one man in FL.  Value for them is about zero. I have never seen a decent fake mesh bag. There are Alox bags with newer marbles in them. But the mesh bag is original. They were sold by the rolls at the last Alox auction after the company closed. The buyers filled them with newer marbles. There were also original Alox headers sold by the roll at the same autcion. There are fake boxes and restored original box sets of marbles. 

Plastic bag of marbles, look for the melted seam down the center of the back. Some later original bags may not have it but 98% of the old original plastic bags of marbles will have the seam.

You cannot always go by the staples. They can be rusted and new. I have mesh bags from 1945 that have nice bright staples. 

Original bags and box sets of marbles can be expensive. So you need to have some knowledge of them. Some box sets can sell for $1000.00- $5000.00 - $10,000.00 - $30,000.00 .  A good 100 count Sparkler box can sell for $6,000-$8000.00. I know because I sold one.  The CAC 100 count box above I had in my hands. I have one of only two Alley salesman sample cases.

Original mesh bags can sell for $20.00 to $400.00 each. 

Original plastic bags can sell for $5.00 to $150.00 each.

Akro 200 tins can sell for $250.00- $750.00 each.

Bags, boxes, tin, prices can also depend on what marbles are inside it.

I should have specified fantasy right off the bat. They can make the staple's rust in one day using diluted muriatic acid w/ water ( also painted on tin advertisement sign's around the edge's to give the appearance of an old rusty sign ) E bay has 100's of these bag's, usually all posted @ the same time and same price by the same person. I have the other pic of the alley salesman box posted but chose just the one, if I put them all there you'd be scrolling for 10 minute's. Thank's for all the info Ron, your help is as always, greatly appreciated. I keep a folder w/ all the picture's of original packaging I can find in it, along w/ the sale price when I see something sold. That's where I retrieved these pic's from. I keep the folder to check against fake boxes, bag's tin's what have you, with well over a couple 1000 pic's of original packaging, from every company I know of. I'm trying to build a sort of data base so i don't get taken to the cleaner's on any new purchases. 

Are all the "trade stimulator" bags fantasy pieces? I have seen several Soda pop company bags. I read recently that all pop company marble bags are fake. I saw photos of Heddon fishing lure bags that were fake, but inside were a half dozen, matching, green and brown prize names. The mibs were worth more than the price of the bag.  Are all give away advertising bags from non- marble companies fakes or are there just so many bad ones that the real stuff can't be trusted? Sorry about the long winded questions.

Bruce

These are some of the original plastic bag's from assorted company's that Ron was talking about.  Note how every one no matter what the company has the seam down the center, something to look for. This is why I keep the folder. I have hundred's of pic's of net bag's and sale's advertising picturing the bag's for reference. wvrons has already posted several pic's of these on this thread, along w/ several mesh bag's." None " of the new plastic fantasy bag's have this seam.

zzzz.PNG

zzzzz.PNG

zzzzzz.PNG

zzzzzzz.PNG

Woot woot!  I have one which isn't in the thread yet!  

Keeping it simple as usual with cat's eyes.  I don't go out shopping much which makes marble-finding opportunities few and far between.  So I was delighted to find this at a modest price at an antique store.  

fqhSoAS.jpg

DmLPaE0.jpg