Junk Jar Audit..any Chance?

Birdman98

I'd appreciate any opinions I can get on this one.   I had thrown it in with the Asians and Cat's Eyes about a year ago, when I first started collecting.  

It's a bit under .58". 

It does not have a clear seem/cut...it does have a pontil on one pole and a pinpoint on the opposite pole..  So maybe a hand-made modern?

On the positive side is its provenance.. it came in a good lot that had a few legit CAC's...beat up slags mostly.. along with some nice Pelts and MFCs..  And the colors look right..??..  

Thanks for anything you've got...Shawn

IMG_0023.jpeg

IMG_9881.jpeg

IMG_9888.jpeg

IMG_9922 (1).jpeg

IMG_9922.jpeg

IMG_9941.jpeg

I vote "Modern" CAC Guineas don't have any pontil's, they're machine made not hand made and show either a single seam or a double seam. 1 of 3 color's clear, cobalt or amber. If it truly has any real pontil it's not a CAC guinea. I can't really make out a clear seam anywhere in the pic's. CAC really not my forte though, just saying what I know about Guineas. Kelly Schmidt make's some contemporary Guineas that have seam's and no pontil's, very much authentic looking. Steph is the moderator, she'll give you a good opinion and a go to person.

Edited by Chad G.
correction !!