Chad G.

I told Steph I had some teeny tiny clearies, this is a pic of then in a small orange akro cup ( R ) side 1 1/2 " high, I have taken some individual pics of them and some other pee wee's to post later  a few bennies, clay's and jaspers in the middle, Better color pics of the clearies are comin. The orange cups and the white pot are tiny Akro dishes 3/4 to 1 1/2 " high the mibs on the (r) in the orange cup are mostly 3/8 " and the ones in the white thumb pot (L) are pee-wee under 1/2 ",  for scale the two Michelangelo's in front are 5/8ths " All of the cups and dishes seen in my display's are Akro children's china. If you have watched the old B & W little rascals shorts on T.V. much of the china Darla uses is old Akro children's china.

1 (733).JPG

On 9/22/2020 at 8:33 AM, Chad G. said:

I told Steph I had some teeny tiny clearies, this is a pic of then in a small akro cup, I have taken some individual pics of them and some other pee wee's to post later this is all I have right now, cup on the R is the clearies and on the L in the thumb pot are some machine made pee wees w/ a few bennies, clay's and jaspers in the middle, Better color pics of the clearies are comin.

1 (733).JPG

Should have the Christmas stocking mib pics for ya tomorrow.

The little white miniature flower pot on the left is uv. & Made by Akro ( go to Akro arsenal on Ebay , here's the link some cool stuff        https://www.ebay.com/str/akroagatearsenal  About the size of your thumb (i.e. thumb pot) I have a bunch of Akro children's china, uv. , oxblood etc.. I have posted on the " marble related " thread I started Steph. I have some of those Alley insulators they made I also use for marble stands, alot of the china I turned upside down and use for marble display, 99 % of the china I have is Akro, has the crow emblem and U.S.A. stamped on the bottom like the ashtray's they made All the little coffee cup's and stands in my displays are Akro, I have some imperial end of days stuff to. The black pot is from the Akro arsenal Ebay site. Used to be over 2500 item's there, covid put a little damper on it.

image.png.b4dd92a3f55fa7b41ae9d27cdcea1db3.png

1 (592).JPG

1 (591).JPG

1 (588).JPG

1 (442).JPG

curio10.PNG

1 (411).JPG

1 (537).JPG

1 (538).JPG

1 (593).JPG

1 (589).JPG

1 (590).JPG

1 (594).JPG

curio10.PNG

I got my first Akroware this past year.   It's all normal size stuff.    I was surprised by how large actually.  Had been expecting small all along.   Would still like some little items, but need to make more room on the shelves first.

The Ebay address  was the best I had ever seen bar none. Thousands of items just before covid, since covid I believe alot of their inventory wasn't sold but is being stored by them, an E mail would probably produce whatever you want. The prices are a little high but their stock is superior, W/ a full guarantee on top of E bay's protection. Most reputable Akro address I've been able to find. I also have some bigger stuff as seen in the pic, but fell hard for the miniature ware. Even after getting rid of a bunch I still have what you see .No mare sales, maybe a couple full set's of lemon ox or paneled and then quits for a while. Those small thumb pots are getting extremely HTF as noted by the price, they are made just like a larger one w/ a knockout in the bottom for water drainage, the little kids knocked nearly every one of them out. I took some more pics of that one under a 4' uv. tube. The clearies are minute 3/8" or a little smaller, some a bit bigger w/ none over 1/2". just waiting on Craig to come over and resize and down load a bunch more pics. Heard that before right ( no popcorn this time )

34 minutes ago, Steph said:

I got my first Akroware this past year.   It's all normal size stuff.    I was surprised by how large actually.  Had been expecting small all along.   Would still like some little items, but need to make more room on the shelves first.

Yes I to have resorted to filling my walls up w/ (stuff ) I posted that thread on display's and seen a couple ones I really liked. Time to get to work, I'm getting ready to sort a gallon of mibs as we speak.

Regards,

Chad G.

38 minutes ago, Steph said:

I hope you enjoyed that store ?? it used to take me a couple hours just to look @ their inventory. "  " ( used to )

The space situation gave rise to the incorporation of the Akro ware into my mib collection. Saved me a bunch of room and those tiny cups, glasses, plates and tiny flower pots all as marble stands made it look a whole lot better. I even have part of it color coordinated w/ the mibs. Everything marble related, clear down to the marble stands and display itself. Glad you enjoyed the store Steph, wait till they restock, it'll blow you away and empty your savings @ the same time.

It' Christmas time !! Hope this work's. These are the pics of the tiny clearies I told ya I would take Steph. Sorry a few Japanese pincher mibs slipped in there, still tiny but not clearie's. OOp's 1 yellow translucent. I "can't remember" where the crackle mib came from, or any of these for that matter, a common marble collectors affliction. I forgot I was going to put them on top of a Christmas stocking before the pic's !! Hope seeing these shiny little gems bring back some fond memories.

DSC01928.JPG

DSC01972.JPG

DSC01970.JPG

DSC01889.JPG

Edited by Chad G.
addition

:) the japanese pinchers show the clearie size maybe best of all since I know how small those are.  

happy-making group

Sorry I took so long to find this post.  Keep getting pulled in new directions and don't always find my way back.  I'm making some progress in my attic though, opening up spaces that I can use for when I pull my marbles out of the cramped, dark corners where I've stashed them.    And installed a bright light so that the corners aren't quite as dark as they were.

Glad to hear you're finally getting time to make extra room Steph. I live iv a 2 bed room apt. now and space is @ a premium around here. I have no choice but to box some up that I would much rather have on display. The reason I collected the stuff in the first place. Glad you liked the post, yes oodles of those pinchers around.

• 6 months later...

I have a bunch of machine made pee - wee's. Peltier is my favorite manufacture type, HTF in the smaller sizes & still maintain the standard NLR look, much like when you get larger (3/4 & up) examples, the NLR design & ribbon structure often gets very distorted at either end of the spectrum. I just got some pee - wee Pelts as gifts from a couple great marble friends, 2 Wolverines & a transparent Christmas Tree , I'll post the pics as soon as I get them downloaded.

You can see what they did to mine Ric, they fried it !! I mean crackle marbles are pretty but ??  "Yes" yellow is and always has been hard to find for me as well, I have 2 old German yellow micas and they were about triple what the other colors were , with a cobalt blue blizzard in close second.