HTF Prize/2 color corks

sarab

100 % absolutely, I had someone tell me once they had every color combo Akro ever made, I looked @ his marbles, a goodly amount and agreed w/ them "yes, you do " ( not ) i.e. an impossibility due to all the variants, unless you had every marble they ever produced. By the way Chuck them's some nice mib's ( love em all ), you don't really need both of those do you ?? Thanks, for sharing the pics.

Chad G.

Edited by Chad G.
addition

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 10:57 AM, Steph said:

This could be a job for Super Jessica.

@disco005?  You in hearing range?

I'm here! Was checking in, I've been away from here for awhile, I must have heard you Steph hahaha!

I just looked through all the photos on this post, and how could I compare, so many good ones, Al has quite a few in his photos.

Off the top of my head I would say difficult for me to find:

Green / Yellow

Green / Lavender

Blue / Blue 

Yellow / White

Those are tough for me to find.

I see I have a lot of catching up to do!

Edited by disco005
just > must

On 9/24/2020 at 5:55 PM, I'llhavethat1 said:

Yeah here too, any white based corkscrew (to me) is a corkscrew.  Two colors (other than white) makes it a bit harder to find.

but If anyone has a third column, second row, I'd love to see it.  :)

This is the closest I have to that one from the Ad, it has more White than the Ad, but the Orange is bifurcated.

5/8"

-Jess

5-8 inch red and orange cork on white R.jpg

On 9/23/2020 at 7:34 PM, Berryb said:

Nearly impossible to get all colors of prize names. Then when you throw Aces, Popeyes, Specials, Augers& Snakes, and all the oddballs that don't really fit a category into the mix, the mind reels. That's why I like Corks so much; Endless variety.

Here are a few of my Prize Names.

Bruce

prize names1.jpg

Absolutely! Endless variety, that is my favorite characteristic about Akro.

These are all technically Orange and Green, but they're different from each other:

-Jess

Orange and Green.jpg

Orange cork on translucent Green base.jpg

Kelly Green and Orange 3.jpg

Orange Green Black R.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Glassy clean surface on those Ric! I'm always amazed at marbles that have survived almost a hundred years in pristine condition. Beautiful.

The last one in the photos below, the Yellow and Black, I love for the surface texture, although I still don't know what causes those loopy fractures in the third view of that Yellow and Black.

-Jess

BlueYellow_9_16_2.jpg

RedRoyal.jpg

OrangeBlue.jpg

YellowBlueEyelashes.jpg

Macro Yellow and Black.jpg