Glass but solid

fentonacres

Brick !! Look's to be M.F. Christensen, is there a 9 swirl design on one end w/ a tail circling to the bottom ?? Akro made brick's also, very distinct the same w/ the M.F.'s. Akro made some slag's very similar to the Christensen 9, one good point on the 9's M. F. Christensen never made a single slag of red glass, so if you find a red slag w/ what appears to be a 9 definitely rule out M.F. right off the bat, more than likely an Akro.  If this one is an M.F. it's what's called a white brick, due to the white striations that follow the 9 around. They also made black brick's and green brick's w/ the M.F. green brick's being most desirable and a little on the rarer side. Google some pics of each and check it out. Some brick's sold last year on Zaboo's Ebay site and labeled mulberry, so named by the digger's ?? so maybe some 1 off's :dunno:

All Brick's, M.F. Christensen as far as I can see, as you can tell by the pieces the colors continue throughout the entire mib. the damaged ones can be polished and are still quite beautiful, the design on the outside will continue but delineate and become less defined the more you polish it, I would definitely not pitch them, someone will want them. The pieces on the other hand, I guess you could keep for provenance, just to see how the marble was produced ?? A note, to my knowledge Akro brick's never had any white , black or green in them, as far as I know specific to M.F., Akro bricks are the color of a brick, once you've seen a few very easy to differentiate  between the two.