Some swirls

Great German's De Roberto, I was beginning to think I was the only one that still collected them. Excellent marbles every one , appreciate the pics, I started collecting German hand mades in the 90's the prices then where considerably more but I was and still am fascinated by them. "Good post" :clap2: The clown is outstanding, not an easy one to find in any shape.

16 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Grande tedesco De Roberto, cominciavo a pensare di essere l'unico che ancora li collezionava. Ottime biglie tutte, apprezzo le foto, ho iniziato a collezionare manufatti tedeschi negli anni '90 i prezzi poi erano molto di più ma ne ero e ne sono ancora affascinato. "Bel post"  : clap2: Il clown è eccezionale, non facile da trovare in qualsiasi forma.

Consider that there are people who collect only " handmade"

download.jpg

The first marbles I collected were handmades. I still collect them today after 24 years. The only two marbles I have bought at auction or a show since Feb. was one handmade and one machine made. A mint- 1.98 inch onionskin. 

21 hours ago, Chad G. said:

"Sì" ma purtroppo pochi e lontani da un giorno all'altro, negli anni '90 tutti li inseguivano. So di aver pagato un bel penny per alcuni che ho acquistato allora. Li amo ancora. "Grazie ancora" per le bellissime foto De Roberto !!!

Perhaps some collectors of "handmade" are no longer among us ..... unfortunately. Could this aspect also affect?

Unless, it's a general thing.

Anyway, I think that they should be collected like the other marbles, not only for the beautiful color combinations (some spectacular) but also and above all for their history.     They were the first glass marbles to play, and they should be included in the collections, at least, I think this way

Well,
I include two other mib....Joseph e big mica

11.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Very nice mibs De Roberto, I agree w/ you 100 %, I think a lot of the newer generation is into much more the contemporary mibs, not that they aren't great I do have a few but they probably feel the same as me about them ask themselves why I don't have a large selection of contemporary's. Times change as they do, when you go to the antique store now it's mostly "vintage" instead of antiques. When I started there was no "vintage" dep't. I think the antique marbles are absolutely beautiful, the first ones I started collecting seriously. I use to have a couple thousand of them in my first collection, lost through the course of a divorce in 09.

curio1.PNG

g8.PNG

big2.PNG

f2.PNG

g10.PNG

g2.PNG

g15.PNG

lutz.PNG

z sub.PNG

lutz mom dad sis.PNG

g26.PNG

mica 1.3.PNG

1 (597).JPG

1 (599).JPG

Edited by Chad G.
addition

The guy I bought them needs the congrats, he seen me comin a mile away !!! Thank you for the compliment De Roberto, you also, much that I don't have, your avatar is killin me, what a great Bennington most pink I've ever seen on one, a killer for sure love it.

On 10/17/2020 at 5:21 AM, Da Roberto said:

Thanks again Chad G

Yes, in fact, it had gone up quite high at the auction ....

Sorry about saying your name wrong Da Roberto, I didn't realize it's not "De" but "Da" Roberto, pls. accept my apology !!!

31 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Scusa se hai sbagliato a pronunciare il tuo nome Da Roberto, non mi ero accorto che non è "De" ma "Da" Roberto, per favore. accetta le mie scuse !!!

Don't worry man, there is no problem.

My name is Roberto, the most many here in Italy call me Roby, for me it is indifferent, call me whatever you want

I want to delete "From" but I can't, I'll try again.

Bye and thanks!

Thanks Roby, just didn't want to offend ya man. yeah sometimes the editor on this site won't let you do anything, I've had to wait all night before. For some reason late night is usually when it happens and no one is around to fix it. 

Chad G.