Clears

fentonacres

Very rarely is it possible to i.d. them with any confidence.  In the past I have found it amusing to try to detect whether they were made on a swirl machine or a patch machine but  most probably wouldn't believe or care if someone said they could sort them by manufacturer or decade.   

I have a special fondness for them but they're commons.  

I too have a special section for clear marbles. Here's a little something I discovered while puzzling over what I have. Mine didn't  have bubbles, but intense color. I had just started looking at marbles with a blacklight, so passed it over my clear reds. Here's what showed up...turns out all the cobalt blues, & the greens also had marble king-like bands, showing that at least they were all made by the same co. (these were all out of the same auction bottle, along with others that didn't blacklight, so it helped me in the sorting too) All appeared totally clear in regular light. Cool, right

transparent reds.jpg

black lite reds.jpg

1 hour ago, bonniemarbles said:

Anch'io ho una sezione speciale per le biglie trasparenti. Ecco una piccola cosa che ho scoperto mentre sconcertavo quello che avevo. Il mio non aveva bolle, ma colore intenso. Avevo appena iniziato a guardare le biglie con una luce nera, quindi l'ho passata sui miei rossi chiari. Ecco cosa è apparso ... si scopre che tutti i blu cobalto, e i verdi avevano anche bande simili a re di marmo, dimostrando che almeno erano tutti realizzati dalla stessa compagnia. (questi erano tutti usciti dalla stessa bottiglia d'asta, insieme ad altri che non avevano la luce nera, quindi mi ha aiutato anche nello smistamento) Tutto sembrava totalmente chiaro alla luce normale. Fantastico, giusto

reds.jpg trasparente

black lite reds.jpg

Interesting! A great way to get to know the company that made them

On 10/17/2020 at 8:49 AM, bonniemarbles said:

I too have a special section for clear marbles. Here's a little something I discovered while puzzling over what I have. Mine didn't  have bubbles, but intense color. I had just started looking at marbles with a blacklight, so passed it over my clear reds. Here's what showed up...turns out all the cobalt blues, & the greens also had marble king-like bands, showing that at least they were all made by the same co. (these were all out of the same auction bottle, along with others that didn't blacklight, so it helped me in the sorting too) All appeared totally clear in regular light. Cool, right

transparent reds.jpg

black lite reds.jpg

YES. In fact, I need to go over some of my cobalts. Never considered that. But I, too, have some that I thought were clear but have the faintest wash of the pink in blacklight. Pretty awesome.