From the Damaged bag

top L to R, ?, Akro carnelian ?, Akro prize name cork, Akro special cork 

Akro amber onyx cork, Akro prize name cork, Akro prize name cork, wire pull

( German handmades ) Ribbon core, solid core, coreless swirl

First one may be a flinty or gamer, 2nd one may not be a carnelian !! some carnelians glow in which case a carnelian ade, no glow just a carnelian @ least it looks like a carnelian, only one view not absolutely sure, might not even be akro. Never the less If you want to keep these it would just be for provenance since they came from your father correct ?? The Germans look to be in pretty good shape, the last one the blue glass coreless looks clean as well as the solid core next to it. If it where me I'd separate those really beat on ones, they'll scratch the others up, especially the hand mades being their made of a much softer glass. Good keep sakes, except the Germans from this vantage point they look good, get them away from those corks, rolling around in a bag will give them the "pocket wear look" dull and scratched up. $ 20.00 marble down to $5.00 or less.  If you want a more accurate I.D. present @ least 3 or 4 different views of the mibs, also help's to evaluate them.

4 hours ago, Chad G. said:

top L to R, ?, Akro carnelian ?, Akro prize name cork, Akro special cork 

Akro amber onyx cork, Akro prize name cork, Akro prize name cork, wire pull

( German handmades ) Ribbon core, solid core, coreless swirl

First one may be a flinty or gamer, 2nd one may not be a carnelian !! some carnelians glow in which case a carnelian ade, no glow just a carnelian @ least it looks like a carnelian, only one view not absolutely sure, might not even be akro. Never the less If you want to keep these it would just be for provenance since they came from your father correct ?? The Germans look to be in pretty good shape, the last one the blue glass coreless looks clean as well as the solid core next to it. If it where me I'd separate those really beat on ones, they'll scratch the others up, especially the hand mades being their made of a much softer glass. Good keep sakes, except the Germans from this vantage point they look good, get them away from those corks, rolling around in a bag will give them the "pocket wear look" dull and scratched up. $ 20.00 marble down to $5.00 or less.  If you want a more accurate I.D. present @ least 3 or 4 different views of the mibs, also help's to evaluate them.

Indeed. I am out of boxes for the moment, but am separating until my local store gets more in stock. Also planning to experiment with using copper wire to make "sun catchers" from marbles from the damaged bag or any others that have virtually no value.

And, yes, all these marbles came from my GRANDFATHER. West Virginia. And many were likely part of my father's childhood. Wish I knew more. They came to me in a metal box that used to be some game or something. So no wonder the condition of many is not perfect. I am surprised a lot of them are actually in good to very good condition given that. 

2 hours ago, fentonacres said:

Indeed. I am out of boxes for the moment, but am separating until my local store gets more in stock. Also planning to experiment with using copper wire to make "sun catchers" from marbles from the damaged bag or any others that have virtually no value.

And, yes, all these marbles came from my GRANDFATHER. West Virginia. And many were likely part of my father's childhood. Wish I knew more. They came to me in a metal box that used to be some game or something. So no wonder the condition of many is not perfect. I am surprised a lot of them are actually in good to very good condition given that. 

Yes, some very nice jewelry, necklaces, ear rings etc.... maybe if you have grand children a way to keep the marbles in the family , a gift and a story to go with. I'm a sucker for old German hand mades, my first to seriously collect. Wow I googled it as you can tell. I never realized so many things where made from old marbles, "have fun "

image.png.6e35dd949a8ca9653de82df0b63265a6.png

image.png.f97ff375ee45d1e67111c2750f4fb4ce.png

image.png.8ad4a08e7dd3f5f0aabac1d9c56df555.png

image.png.93ca745f6001891e37dfb77776ee4f3c.png

14 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Yes, some very nice jewelry, necklaces, ear rings etc.... maybe if you have grand children a way to keep the marbles in the family , a gift and a story to go with. I'm a sucker for old German hand mades, my first to seriously collect. Wow I googled it as you can tell. I never realized so many things where made from old marbles, "have fun "

image.png.6e35dd949a8ca9653de82df0b63265a6.png

image.png.f97ff375ee45d1e67111c2750f4fb4ce.png

image.png.8ad4a08e7dd3f5f0aabac1d9c56df555.png

image.png.93ca745f6001891e37dfb77776ee4f3c.png

Ah, no children here. Just three childish labradors. Or, as some folks say, "labradorks."  My biggest passion these days is gardening and all things gardening (even with half the year too flippin cold or snowed over) so I am intriqued about using copper wire to make sun catchers and the like. Funny about the earings, marbles are really too heavy for earings. LOL.

Yeah you end up w/ earlobes a mile long then you can put then big things the kids wear on their ears. I have no grand children either just one nephew, my baby brother passed in 2012, just me and my sis left. Look's like the necklace pendants would be ok !! not for copper unless you want a green spot on you, maybe some steel wire similar to the ear rings. I had a garden all my life till I sold my house to my Sis now I live in a 2 bedroom apt. in town, never have I lived in town before always in the country. Disabled for the last 15 yrs. so kind of convenient for me here. Yes I wish I could grow a garden also, miss it, and a lot of other things but I'm still here and kickin. Copper would be my choice for sum catchers, easy to work with.