I was just about to ask you about av. before I seen your comment Bill, this color combo, at least every time I've seen has av. in it, not a common Alley at all, nice mibs man !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the pics Bill, again, great marbles :thup:

Edited by Chad G.
addition

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Chad G. said:

" Nice mibs Chuck " That first calig. looks strangely familiar !! I think you got me by one day on that one. I know, close only counts in horse shoes and . . . . . . .

I actually traded for that one just recently. Not sure where he got it from but I think he just recently got it. I traded some dirty dug Heatons for it.

Oh !! I just know the person they got it from, that's a very intricate pattern, a great marble, not that many come around lookin like that one :thup: "Good trade" Chuck. I missed  that one by less than a day. Here's a pic of it before it was sold to the other person, you'll see what I mean. Same as your pic # 1, a little different angle. That'll teach me to procrastinate.

image.png.b5982440bdb98a582ea9ffa8b46539a8.png

On 10/20/2020 at 8:29 AM, Chad G. said:

Some old & some new, common but I still love em. All Alley as far as I can tell

image.png.29c576649c38bbb526acc39ef0ba4482.png

alley 6.PNG

56.PNG

1 (464).JPG

1 (467).JPG

1 (463).JPG

DSC01736.JPG

I keep coming back to look at all these beautiful Flames, but one that really sticks out to me is that Red on Red, Chad.

That one is amazing, I've never seen anything like it!

-Jess

I call that a monochrome, two shades of the same color. Also seen in blue. Some of Alley's original marbles. They started out making gaming marbles like a lot of mib companies did, I throw away nothing and go through everything w/ a fine toothed comb. This one 2 or 3 akro ox bloods and a lot of masters were found in a half of a 5 gallon bucket I went through. I posted this marble on A.A.M. and Ron S. said he'd never heard that name before either. Here's the definition I got the name from. and some more pics of the mib. I always look through all my gamers w/ a bright light. They're not worth much to my knowledge but I sore like em. A beautiful marble in hand, much more of a deep red. Taking a pic of this to get the flame pattern to show was a nightmare, ended up using a 13 watt. 5000 k daylight bulb. "Thanks for the inquiry Jess" I might as well put it here to, another flame I just got. Purple w/ a white base. I tried 3 different bulbs to bring it out, but believe me it's purple, both sides have coverage. My favorite for now !!

337.PNG

56.PNG

of13.PNG

104.PNG

102.PNG

143.PNG

• Like 1

Alley made some pretty cool game marbles, for sure. I remember a game Galen posted a long while back - I think it was called "Glass Mosaic" or something like that. It had lots of Alley caligraphy-style (if I remember right) game marbles (monochromes - I like the description). Maybe somebody saved a pic (@steph?). I sure wish I would have - the mibs, I think peewees, were really cool.

new283.jpg

13 hours ago, Ric said:

Alley made some pretty cool game marbles, for sure. I remember a game Galen posted a long while back - I think it was called "Glass Mosaic" or something like that. It had lots of Alley caligraphy-style (if I remember right) game marbles (monochromes - I like the description). Maybe somebody saved a pic (@steph?). I sure wish I would have - the mibs, I think peewees, were really cool.

new283.jpg

Metallic always makes for a beautiful mib, especially when it follows the flow of the glass so well like the one you have posted, Thanks Ric for sharing a very nice mib.