PELTIER ODDITIE'S !!!!!!!!!!!

Chad G.

57 minutes ago, Ric said:

I may have kin - 1st marbles in the 3rd and 5th rows.

Ric494.jpg.429507d58119894759d0128303cbd8ac.jpg

I think the 5th marble in the 4th row is pretty cool too.

I think oddball & Peltier are synonymous !! I'll take some group therapy pics of mine a little later "Great mibs Ric" 

2 hours ago, Berryb said:

The thing that makes this rainbo (I think it's a rainbo) odd is not it's rarity, but that it came from the factory all wrinkled.  It's veneers are like 'gator skin especially the the red and brown. They are also thin enough that they are translucent.  The base glass looks black but is actually transparent green, kinda' like a bruiser but a little lighter color. The backlit photo makes it look lighter than it really is. It's about 9/16ths. Thanks

Bruce

rainbo3.jpg

rainbo3a.jpg

rainbo3b.jpg

Definitely an oddity. Honestly for me anything out of the norm is what I look for, just like your mib.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

.62in does this bad boy have a name. Crazy pattern 

20210308_200254.jpg

Not sure about a name, other than Champion Jr, but that is a great pattern - sorta looks like a mustache.

3 hours ago, mibcapper said:

......... :character-smileys-238:

pics 049.JPG

That's a dandy, Bill - pretty unusual, any AV?

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not sure about a name, other than Champion Jr, but that is a great pattern - sorta looks like a mustache.

That's a dandy, Bill - pretty unusual, any AV?

wouda been nice ...... but ... big and double ingot ..

pics 051.JPG

10 hours ago, Ric said:

Really cool internal structure, for sure - can you distinguish eight ribbons?

kinda got cross-eyed trying to follow the flow ric .... 15/16 ... stuk in a can about 3ft. down ... 

pics 052.JPG

The pics don't do this one justice, the flaming orange & the yellow colors are extremely bright, I picked it right out of a pile of a few hundred. Super wet looks like a mirror & I love the color contrasts.

DSC02877.JPG

DSC02878.JPG

14 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

The pics don't do this one justice, the orange & yellow colors are extremely bright, I picked it right out of a pile of a few hundred. Super wet looks like a mirror & I love the colors.

DSC02877.JPG

DSC02878.JPG

I can't find my box of really weird pelts, I think there's 9 in a little keeper box somewhere, I'll keep diggin, they gotta be here somewhere ?? 

This is probably a pelt and it is kinda odd.  It also may be the first mib I bought after I considered myself a collector.  I bought a beer flat at a yard sale that was full of WV swirls before that but in retrospect they were pretty uninteresting, all the same size-small, all identical, just 4 or 5 different colors. Anyway I went into an antique shop in Spokane and asked for marbles. He had this one for 5 bucks. That was 30 years ago. The guy said he had some more but he had to dig em out so I went back the next day and bought the box that would kick start the collection. But this 7/8 rainbo is my first real mib. Not in great shape but big and it has a stripe of ox runnin' thru it. Thanks

Bruce

oddball2.JPG

oddball1.JPG

oddball3.JPG

16 hours ago, Berryb said:

This is probably a pelt and it is kinda odd.  It also may be the first mib I bought after I considered myself a collector.  I bought a beer flat at a yard sale that was full of WV swirls before that but in retrospect they were pretty uninteresting, all the same size-small, all identical, just 4 or 5 different colors. Anyway I went into an antique shop in Spokane and asked for marbles. He had this one for 5 bucks. That was 30 years ago. The guy said he had some more but he had to dig em out so I went back the next day and bought the box that would kick start the collection. But this 7/8 rainbo is my first real mib. Not in great shape but big and it has a stripe of ox runnin' thru it. Thanks

Bruce

oddball2.JPG

oddball1.JPG

oddball3.JPG

Very nice Mib Bruce, hard to get one of these bo's with either ox or metalic strips in them anymore :thup: