PELTIER ODDITIE'S !!!!!!!!!!!

Chad G.

1 hour ago, Peltier Mibber said:

The Canon ball is interesting.

Would this be considered a Canon ball or a Zebra with heavy AV?

IMG_20210324_192820992.jpg

IMG_20210324_192133659.jpg

IMG_20210324_192804870.jpg

Officially, anything above 85% AV. coverage is considered a cannonball, I have seen 100%, I believe Bill was the one who had a fully. Yours looks just under the 85 probably 70 - 75 but still a HTF killer, a very nice mib & for sure a keeper. In my pea size brain they're all becoming keepers anymore. A link to a post I made on the subject on the other forum. The 85% is a well known number with Pelt heads, cannonball is a fairly new name for a marble that's been around a long time. A Purple Tiger is the old school name for a marble I aggressively tried to get for years, similar to a cannonball. Names some have never heard but many of us are familiar with. I got the 85% number from a 45 year collector and knew 20 yrs ago they where VVHTF then and impossible now. I wouldn't be letting go of the zebra you have anytime soon.

LINK https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46801&p=342522&hilit=cannonball#p342522

No an easy bird to pluck, many are close few make it, I sold my 90 in o9, by, by birdie. Someone's appreciating it right now, though the picture is still in my mind.

This is what we called a Purple Tiger 20 Yrs. ago. A Tiger, somewhere between 90 & 95 % because of the blue Av. running over into  and on the orange.  I seen one a friend had 10 feet away sparkling in the sun, a very beautiful marble with almost 100%, after that pictures only. This is the only pic I have of one. Sooo glad I saved it !! I wish they would have taken this picture in the sun. I mentioned it on the other forum but nobody responded, probably in fear of everyone trying to get it from them if they identified themselves, never-ending pestilence.

image.png.5748f6d96e84e0018dbed7d4b45291bf.png

• Like 1

Yes a nice rainbow, I believe I can barely see the other side just over the top of the pic?? Ribbon is the same color as a Pelt Banana boat, kind of a washed out yellowish brown color if my monitor is correct ??

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

Old pic but held on to a few as I definitely believe them to be Peltier

zeeb.JPG

As I do as well, Peltier, as a matter of fact closer to the dual color one I had than Bills.

...............................................................................:character-smileys-238:....................??

STINKY PINKY

4.PNG

HOW NOW ALMOST A COW

7.PNG

A BIT OF THE OLD DOUBLE DRIBBLE

8.PNG

NO WAY GRAY

3.PNG

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

zzz.PNG

USED TO CALL THIS ONE A WATERMELON, NOT SURE NOW ??

11.PNG

On 4/9/2021 at 4:49 PM, Chad G. said:

...............................................................................:character-smileys-238:....................??

STINKY PINKY

4.PNG

HOW NOW ALMOST A COW

7.PNG

A BIT OF THE OLD DOUBLE DRIBBLE

8.PNG

NO WAY GRAY

3.PNG

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

zzz.PNG

USED TO CALL THIS ONE A WATERMELON, NOT SURE NOW ??

11.PNG

Nice.............:clap2:

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 8:47 PM, Chad G. said:

Officially, anything above 85% AV. coverage is considered a cannonball, I have seen 100%, I believe Bill was the one who had a fully. Yours looks just under the 85 probably 70 - 75 but still a HTF killer, a very nice mib & for sure a keeper. In my pea size brain they're all becoming keepers anymore. A link to a post I made on the subject on the other forum. The 85% is a well known number with Pelt heads, cannonball is a fairly new name for a marble that's been around a long time. A Purple Tiger is the old school name for a marble I aggressively tried to get for years, similar to a cannonball. Names some have never heard but many of us are familiar with. I got the 85% number from a 45 year collector and knew 20 yrs ago they where VVHTF then and impossible now. I wouldn't be letting go of the zebra you have anytime soon.

LINK https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46801&p=342522&hilit=cannonball#p342522

No an easy bird to pluck, many are close few make it, I sold my 90 in o9, by, by birdie. Someone's appreciating it right now, though the picture is still in my mind.

This is what we called a Purple Tiger 20 Yrs. ago. A Tiger, somewhere between 90 & 95 % because of the blue Av. running over into  and on the orange.  I seen one a friend had 10 feet away sparkling in the sun, a very beautiful marble with almost 100%, after that pictures only. This is the only pic I have of one. Sooo glad I saved it !! I wish they would have taken this picture in the sun. I mentioned it on the other forum but nobody responded, probably in fear of everyone trying to get it from them if they identified themselves, never-ending pestilence.

image.png.5748f6d96e84e0018dbed7d4b45291bf.png

It looks like there's Canonball on feebay right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353487824623?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D61d7778d700a46079ce2bf94d23bd4be%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D265144782566%26itm%3D353487824623%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057%26brand%3DPeltier+Glass&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Ad96b7f0b-b0fc-11eb-bc6c-2ad0dc359ad7|parentrq%3A529afac21790ab8cd7dd1569ffef4906|iid%3A1

All the cannonballs I've seen were Pelt NLR's. Looking at the flow of the glass & lack of seams in the backlit pix on top of the chunky av. I'm not 100% so sure it's a Pelt. (Rainbo or NLR) It exhibits more Alley characteristics with the chunky av. etc... If it is a Pelt "Rainbo cannonball" would be a first for me, but there are always firsts. I'll talk with a couple Pelt head friends & see what they think on this matter. A cannonball is on what I'd call, opaque "Pelt Zebra" base glass & you can't see through it backlit like that "But" a Rainbo is most commonly green or clear glass based ?? Again I'll do a little digging and make a call or two & see what I come up with. Thank you mibber for your post, a great discussion point !! 

A glorified NLR Zebra ( The cannonball ) As said I have seen a few fully covered but you could still tell they were NLR's. Bill M. ( mibcapper) had one for a while that I seen pix of but sold it. I did have a pic of it but lost in the shuffle as well.

image.png.d8b7c066f767d474a51fe7c63ef2efde.png

image.png.10b6c32aa058eec6f95291bd0d4446e7.png

5 minutes ago, mibcapper said:

pelts ... pelts ... n more peltzzzzzz ................... :party-243:

tiger.JPG

decatur 035.JPG

pelts 007.JPG

sweets 004.JPG

DSC01829.JPG

DSC01394 (1).JPG

DSC01401.JPG

Speak of the.... Maybe you have an opinion on the "Rainbo cannonball" question Bill ?? Not like we haven't been over this before........:eusa_doh:

54 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

All the cannonballs I've seen were Pelt NLR's. Looking at the flow of the glass & lack of seams in the backlit pix on top of the chunky av. I'm not 100% so sure it's a Pelt. (Rainbo or NLR) It exhibits more Alley characteristics with the chunky av. etc... If it is a Pelt "Rainbo cannonball" would be a first for me, but there are always firsts. I'll talk with a couple Pelt head friends & see what they think on this matter. A cannonball is on what I'd call, opaque "Pelt Zebra" base glass & you can't see through it backlit like that "But" a Rainbo is most commonly green or clear glass based ?? Again I'll do a little digging and make a call or two & see what I come up with. Thank you mibber for your post, a great discussion point !! 

A glorified NLR Zebra ( The cannonball ) As said I have seen a few fully covered but you could still tell they were NLR's. Bill M. ( mibcapper) had one for a while that I seen pix of but sold it. I did have a pic of it but lost in the shuffle as well.

image.png.d8b7c066f767d474a51fe7c63ef2efde.png

image.png.10b6c32aa058eec6f95291bd0d4446e7.png

Hmmm

Talked w/ another long term Pet collector & Agree, not a Pelt. Still all opinions matter !!

The characteristics i.e. Translucent almost transparent green base, chunky av., the white looking swirls on the outside ( & swirling inside) the pitting filled w/ brick residue or ash & the lack of any real Pelt structure all are pointing to Alley for "me". Most likely a relative of the Green or Blue Giant as I have seen smaller examples of both from 5/8ths on up, of both. The Giants also exhibit the characteristic non mint surface which I believe is from the incompatibility between the large quantity of av. they tried to use and the glass. Causing dimpling, pitting & a rough surface in general. The lack of the swirling pattern like the bigger examples of the Giants is probably due to the smaller size of the Feebay example ?? Just my opinion, anxious to see what others may have to say !!

A backlit Green Giant

image.png.1245f82d244afc3d7d7961a592d1c1e6.png

Under normal lighting, note the rough surface & white

ash residue caught in the pitted, rough surface.

image.png.070012772c64416e6b8501820a836037.png

Feebay pic

image.png.81603a10f3e7e44f2501b7e7acb93d0b.png

3 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Speak of the.... Maybe you have an opinion on the "Rainbo cannonball" question Bill ?? Not like we haven't been over this before........:eusa_doh:

i don't think the 1 on the bay is pelt. structure wise ..... translucent .... wavy ribbons ...... just doesn't fit with ottowa. pelts cannonballs are .. usually ... opaque based.  be nice to see a seam ... but ..... and a w.v. maker would be a good pick just from looking at the pics.   :dunno:

• Award 1