A neat hybrid style cats eye- a cage that spirals into a 4 vain

9 hours ago, wvrons said:

The single color ones are very difficult to separate from Peltier. The Heaton banana is usually just a little smaller.  

Good info, Ron - thanks. Do you think looking at the base glass helps? It seems to me that the Heaton glass quality might be a little less than Peltier's - a bit more bubbly and not quite as bright. You know, the clear on the Pelt bananas is usually about as good as it gets.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Heaton banana cats have crystal clear glass. But some also have the bubbles(seedy)glass. I think Peltier has most all of theirs with crystal clear glass.  If Jack made the Heaton banana cats, that explains the seedy glass.  

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a photo of banana shaped cat's eyes from three different companies.  All were taken from original bags by me.  The top two rows are Peltier.  Rows 3 and 4 are Master.  Row 5 is Bogard.

You'll notice that some of the Peltiers don't look much like bananas, but are actually stripes stuck to the side of the glass.  If you look at a bag of Peltier cats, you will see that many are not banana shaped at all. Some have ridges that give the appearance of multiple vanes that didn't form.  Some are circular discs that look like Frisbees. 

In this photo, there are both Master and Bogard "bananas" that are likely four vane cat's eyes with very short vanes.  Perhaps they were at the end of the run when the pot of colored glass was running low.

IMG_3115.thumb.jpg.7b29993c18a55d9c296b53ecd81372a0.jpg