Active Post " what is it ? "

Chad G.

This is an active post on Ebay, is it Pelt ?  or is it MK ?  one side looks pelt, one side MK, one end Pelt ? one MK ? It does have blue av. but I've seen green and a very rare bit in MK. With characteristics of both "I Vote Pelt" that's my first intuition so be it, the picture drew me to the post not what the seller hs to say. Many sellers try to sell on the premise of the name of the marble thinking that will bring more money, not saying this person did that because the listing says Pelt? or MK? Pink, orange, what ??

LINK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324423183509

PICS

image.png.7cf69c726b2273d1d13b776dc644db1e.png

image.png.198852ab595701a6c8e21a235721711b.png

image.png.ffb908249ddf26cb341de57ac8359e18.png

image.png.667b1b9b7ff4b39bf0f6f24ae710f40c.png

image.png.4b51347872aa96c5ff6676aee1a253c7.png

image.png.cfa2830f71f95c3687352bcd56ab2dd0.png

Welcome to the land of confusion, without the av. would you still say pelt ?? I can't say if I would or wouldn't. In hand a 2 second I.D. but yes the dimpled av. riddled ribbons also point to pelt for me as well, what an odd ribbon construct !! I know pelt made pink glass, I had a pink based NLR, but not a half and half maybe a change in color stream or tanks created this one off. A washed out tiger for sure, if all pink what a killer then, still a great mib in my book.

A great idea and attitude :thup: lets use a sniping program, split the bid, and after we win the mib, them take some before and after picture's of the  🔨  in action !!! After staring at the auction post for a while this :blink: is what happened !! and a bit later  :wacko:  and after a second look  :confused-smileys-327:  or maybe I started out this way ??  I'm glad someone seen fit to put a "hammer emoji" in here, thank you for the consideration. It came in handy.

2 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Welcome to the land of confusion, without the av. would you still say pelt ?? I can't say if I would or wouldn't. In hand a 2 second I.D. but yes the dimpled av. riddled ribbons also point to pelt for me as well, what an odd ribbon construct !! I know pelt made pink glass, I had a pink based NLR, but not a half and half maybe a change in color stream or tanks created this one off. A washed out tiger for sure, if all pink what a killer then, still a great mib in my book.

Without the AV, Pelt wouldn't have crossed my mind.   Perhaps because of the pattern, I should still have thought of Pelt, but I've been down that road a few times and no longer get bothered by an MK having a more pelty pattern and less "patch and ribbon".  So without the AV, the colors would have said MK to me. 

Color and pattern look Marble King. Some MK's do have aventurine. But the amount of av on this one is high for MK.  A black and white picture only, I would have said MK.  Is it a white base underneath ? It sure looks like it has white in the mix. With white it may point more to MK.  It almost looks like two separate color streams. One on each side or each half of the marble. Looks like one side of the color streams got some white in it.  Which will make the orange look close to a shade of pink.  Again glass colors do not blend to make a new color like paint. But they do get thick or thin which changes the look. They do lay on top of each other or side by side and will change the look of color. Temperature high or low will also change the look of the color. The two separate color streams were not running the exact same. The odd color was not standard or on purpose. If it was a original white base, that may explain the two different colors on each half.  A single color base glass does not change much on one marble. It does not split half one shade and the other half a different shade. A bifricated marble is two different colors(not shades)of base glass on one marble.  Most times caused from switching colors of base glass. One half may be blue base and the other half green base, yellow base or whatever.  For sure a problem was happening during normal production. It happens almost hourly, 24hrs. a day 7 days a week. When making 250 per minute. The machine operators job is to feed glass and correct problems as they happen. 

Thanks for the input Ron, A great mib, I had to post it for conversation, a great learning point as far as glass flow, color, temp and production and non production. Every once in a while one like this slips by, as said when your producing that many marbles your going to see some like this. Thanks again for the input. I also posted this on the other forum with a much different out come. I realize it is a pelt I just wanted to see the reaction and read other opinions on it.

A great one offer, if there wasn't blue looking av. in the ribbons with the classic pelt dimply surface, I would definitely go with MK, in which case I would be wrong but it would never be detected, personally I think it to be a great teaching tool Chuck !! post it in b & W, then with no av. and then in color with the av. I'll bet the answers would vary more than the colors on the mib do.

Yes a great conversation piece, it looks as if there's no interest in it ? Maybe there aren't as many inquisitive people as once I thought? They all want the Pelt Holy Grail I guess ?? If I had any $ left from Christmas I might throw a little at it, but from here I'm looking up from the bottom of a relatively deep Holiday hole.