Vitro lovers look here 🥰

Rooster

YES! Great pics everyone! I gotta take my time to drool over them. My kiddo has me hunting down the crackle marbles as we got a few in a big marble collection we bought. 

Sorry I have been absent a few days, I literally just discovered all the marble groups on Facebook. Nice to see some familiar names there. Now I can eat, sleep, and breathe marble. Love it!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chad G. said:

I'm not that great on Vitro I.D. Ric, I have several just like that, are those called aquamarine ?? or is the base a more off white than I'm seeing ??

I think the top two are Aquamilks. The bottom three are aquamarines.

I like 'em.

Ric474.jpg.09b95a7ba3f2c59f8f0e571c8acff4f5.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ric said:

I think the top two are Aquamilks. The bottom three are aquamarines.

I like 'em.

Ric474.jpg.09b95a7ba3f2c59f8f0e571c8acff4f5.jpg

Aquamilk !! Well guess I can say I was 3 for five, never collected Vitro I do have quite a few, kept for the wet condition, incidental catches from buying lots. Well check one more off the old learning curve "Thanks Ric "

Also one of my top six favorite Vitros.  That is buttermilk. Once you have a group like this above. You have no doubts what a Vitro Buttermilk looks like. The employees named this marble. They were produced in Vienna WV and early at the Parkersburg WV location.  The front three are very good examples of the buttermilk. They did make 3/4 and 7/8 size. As you can see with the larger ones here in the back row. Most large ones tend to swirl more. Many or the colors of the larger ones tend to get darker. Because of being exposed to longer higher temperature to make the larger marble. The red, blue and buttermilk colors can get darker and thinner. Many large Vitros swirl. I see more 7/8 Parrots swirl than standard straight patch design.  

• Like 1