Vitro lovers look here 🥰

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Berryb said:

Ok alot of those look like Rainbos to me. Can someone tell me how to tell the difference. Then I get to go thru my jars again (always lookin' for an excuse). Thanks

Bruce

Hi Bruce, Rainbos usually have four or six ribbons running seam to seam. Vitros can sometimes look a bit like them but are not usually as symmetrical. Having said that, some of the ribbons on Rainbos can get pretty wild - to the point where its sort of hard to tell there really are four or six. Beyond that, colors are usually a very good clue, as are the shape of the seams - there is usually at least one sort of weak "S"-shaped seam on Rainbos - not so common on Vitros.

Here are some Peltier Rainbos:

Ric167.jpg.2ed2c8393f4c172f339c24798761755c.jpg

And some Vitros, for comparison:

Ric139.jpg.ff8a888e650efad02fa3cce83afd6e81.jpg

I hope this helps. But beyond that, like Rooster said, study and sort, study and sort . . . it'll take some effort, but you'll get there eventually!

Those purples are cool. I'll have to look and see if I have anything like those - it seems unlikely, since I don't think I would forget them. And that is a great display! I have always liked those orange/yellow/mossy ones.

and a couple more,shooters.The upper right hand corner is one inch. Can't think of the name red beans and gravey or... there are some of the same type in the first box I posted brown red white.Thanks for looking

032.JPG

Man, you've got a nice Vitro collection! I wish mine was half as well organized. All the marbles are great. But hands  down, this is my favorite:

jbl.jpg

It's a killer.