Vitro lovers look here 🥰

Rooster

6 hours ago, wvrons said:

Yellow Jackets ^^^

I posted these as AntiBlackies a few pages back. Obviously, the one in the back center is a bit different, since it has two different colors on the poles. The reason I went with AntiBlackie instead of Yellow Jacket on this one is because, while I have seen many Yellow Jackets with red patches, I have never seen a Yellow Jacket with red equatorial ribbons or no yellow - have you?

And if it's not an odd AntiBlackie, what in the world is it? There is nothing hiding in the photo - a blue patch, a green patch and equatorial red ribbons, with very little white showing anywhere.

Ric515.jpg

And FWIW, I'm going to like that marble no matter what it's called, so have at it!

Maybe a Hybrid Anti All Red? :rolleye-842:

• Like 1

Well I finally took some of a few Vitro I have, not sure on the names, I'm a die hard Pelt Head, I just kept what I liked. I do have a 3/4" buttermilk on the way and a couple more. Names are good I'm not very familiar with Vitro so bear with me.

This is an opal, I should have backlit it, there's also a little AV. in the green

DSC03879.JPG

I know what this is thanks to Ric. A trilite w/ half transparent clear face & half black, there's a pink ribbon next to the yellow I failed to capture. Yet another retake in the future.

DSC03882.JPG

I know 3 or 4 of these are blackline but believe their called "Yellow Jackets" more specifically because of the yellow patch on one end ??

DSC03868.JPG

A few I know nothing about, just that their Vitro

DSC03869.JPG

DSC03871.JPG

This one has the rich ""buttermilk" color on one end I just couldn't get the lighting right !!

DSC03875.JPG

????

DSC03878.JPG

?????

DSC03884.JPG

I believe the one on the right is what's called a "Tigers eye ?? Not sure of the one on the left. I should have posted these to I/D but ??

DSC03885.JPG

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I know 3 or 4 of these are blackline but believe their called "Yellow Jackets" more specifically because of the yellow patch on one end ??

DSC03868.JPG

In this pic, I think you have one Black-line All Red (far left) and two Yellow Jackets (the other three colors on white), a Blackie (in the back - two same color patches separated by black ribbons) and maybe an odd Tiger Eye (up front). The way to distinguish the Black-line AR (far left) from the Yellow Jacket (far right), is to notice how much white is showing on each - far less will show on Yellow Jackets and their colors tend to be more bold.

Below that pic is a nice Tri-lite, another Tiger Eye, another Tri-lite (with the buttermilk color), another Tiger Eye, not sure about the second to the last pic - more views would be helpful, and in the last pic, you have another Tri-lite (left) and you called the Tiger Eye!

• Award 1

A true Vitro Buttermilk has the buttermilk yellow along with red and blue.  

Don't confuse the buttermilk name with other Vitro marbles.  For a while any Vitro with any yellow was labeled Buttermilk.  It took three years for that to let up. 

The Buttermilk name came from Vitro employees, according to a past Vienna WV Vitro employee.   The majority were made at the original Vienna WV Vitro site.  Some may have been carried over early and also made at the Parkersburg site. As with many of the nice Tri- Lites.  

DSC02791.JPG.ad0529d95ba2f7ab8bdd567371a724b7.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

thank u for your thoughts. gotta say every time i drove down 7th. st. , i usually drooled in that i've walked the old factory site, and saw the structure, what was left, of actual production area and all i could do was .. dream .. of how the day started there. sitting next to r.r. tracks ...on 1 side and the fox river on the other. old cullet piles, where art fisher walked, and inspected his domain every day. a man who demanded a whole days work from .. everyone. and ground so hard as to bend a shovel ... bummer there,. nite time was dangerous there. a side arm was necessary with what drifted off those tracks at nite. ron know's well of what i say. spooky place. had to be on your toes there. or trouble was in front of you. har ... all in town of parkersburg. ahhhh ... what memories ....... bill

DSC01835.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mibcapper said:

thank u for your thoughts. gotta say every time i drove down 7th. st. , i usually drooled in that i've walked the old factory site, and saw the structure, what was left, of actual production area and all i could do was .. dream .. of how the day started there. sitting next to r.r. tracks ...on 1 side and the fox river on the other. old cullet piles, where art fisher walked, and inspected his domain every day. a man who demanded a whole days work from .. everyone. and ground so hard as to bend a shovel ... bummer there,. nite time was dangerous there. a side arm was necessary with what drifted off those tracks at nite. ron know's well of what i say. spooky place. had to be on your toes there. or trouble was in front of you. har ... all in town of parkersburg. ahhhh ... what memories ....... bill

DSC01835.JPG

What a fantastic memory Bill, a treasured wonder !! Your blessed to have been there Brother & I for one am glad you're here !!