Pelt? Akro?

Ric

4 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

I'm really not seeing anything that would lean me towards Pelt, but someone will probably know.

It's a really nice black. Have you seen that greenish-yellow base color on an Akro? It seems like a Pelt or Akro patch are most likely. I can't imagine what else it might be except, maybe foreign?

8 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Just looking I'll throw my hat in for Akro, doesn't look pelt to me ??

I agree it'd be a weird Pelt. Problem is, I think it would be a weird Akro too. lol

The base color color has me confused.

The base glass, yes confusing, but the seam in the last pic, lower ( R ) corner and the other side for that matter looks Akro, But you're right Ric an abstract mib indeed. Now I'm getting confused, the more I look the more I doubt, Ah I'll stick with Akro, I have as I'm sure you will agree not seen every color combo & different shade thereof, Akro made, nobody has, they're innumerable, kinda like a pelt rainbo "Never-ending" I remember when I went to the Seattle show in 2017, someone came up with hundreds of prizenames & said to me " look only 3 to go & I'll have every color combo prizename Akro ever made " they where so happy I didn't want to offend so I said "why yes you do" I'll admit 9 of those pistol cases full is a lot to dedicate to prizenames & he did have quite a few I had never seen. but to have every color you would have to have been there at Akro and saved every prizename that ever rolled down the line. At this point, nothing would surprise me. Taken back a bit "Yes" surprised " No" Sorry for the rabbit trails, maybe that should have been my Avatar, a pic of Bugs Bunny's head ??

I toyed with the possibility of it being a modern MK where the end patches got overenthusiastic and met in the middle. 

I also toyed with the idea of it being foreign. 

But I wasn't going to mention either musing until I saw this coincidental post on facebook with a similar black base. 

Marble King Freaks & Geeks Discussion/Sales Group | Facebook

ZkB43Gy.jpg

I am not sure MK ever had true black glass ? Especially modern MK. True black glass is very difficult and expensive to make.   I would say Akro.  The yellow can be a combination of colors during a color change.  Is the base glass the yellow or the Black ? Break it in half and see what is inside ?????

57 minutes ago, Steph said:

So, those are my two guesses: 
Akro Royal or modern MK.  

The black really is nice so I doubt MK.

18 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Is the base glass the yellow or the Black ? Break it in half and see what is inside ?????

I can see why you ask about the base, and it may well be black. But I think this marble is too nice to find out the easy way. lol. And it is true black - there isn't a hint of any other color that I can find, even using a loupe and a very bright light.

So I will go with Akro and just be surprised that I haven't seen another quite like it.

Thanks to EVERYONE for the thoughts!