Hmmm..........

Chad G.

:icon_popcorn:.................:icon_popcorn:....................................:icon_popcorn:..................Feel's like I'm.........................:deadhorse:..............................................:dunno: I guess it's time to open a new   :worms:  I gotta meditate on this one for s bit..................:icon_popcorn:

ME - WOW !!

HERE KITTY - KITTY

image.png.1c9cace833d52f2a90ba872c6bbd489a.png

image.png.544657ce59beb9b64a93f8c806ab8930.png

image.png.7f849df78e5f4d44dd9048f68f46822d.png

(THE ORIGINAL, CAT - DOG)

image.png.3f8404c3daf770e6f4690ceeca63a576.png

image.png.55c61ac3fbdfd024fd1c53ac88e15e53.png

image.png.31010d6f314fe0706d06525f3a82a42d.png

image.png.7018574f94171a197b75eb527d45aa74.png

Gu - wha........??

image.png.9ae61bdddd64b3cf132e5c764fe3fc1a.png

image.png.9da7a445da99fcbb1fcdf4d8ae6d18c3.png

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD WE LIVE IN ???

Look, a new one !!!

One of the only remaining photos as confusion set in this animal began eating itself before

they could name it !!

image.png.e56d6081c52fca7285c383271833f676.png

55 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

image.png.7018574f94171a197b75eb527d45aa74.png 

Okay, the flying cat thing is pretty funny, mostly because it's not real. But make no mistake, the vast majority of these hybrids are not "bred" - no, a Begal Tiger and a short-haired tabby did not breed. Eggs or sperm were harvested from each, in-vitro fertilization was done and the embryos developed in a petri dish, the few chimeras that developed from many attempts were implanted into a surrogate mother, very few of those actually implanted into the uterus, and the vast majority of any fetuses that began to develop died before or shortly after they were born. It is likely a fair number of Mothers also died in the process.

Honestly, it's interesting from a scientific perspective but I don't find it all that entertaining.

Jus a snippet of how far we will go, not necessarily intended to be entertainment, i.e. something to talk about

How about this one for human greed, yes exactly how far will we go and since they say the average citizen is 30 years + behind what the scientific community is actually divulging to us, how does anyone know exactly how far gene splicing and interbreeding etc... has actually gone ?? Far beyond what any of us suspect or could even imagine I fear !! This is 4 years old, the zonkey and a few of the others I heard shortly after high school 40 years ago, and still people are surprised today ??

image.png.7b43ade7600394c29f29e1327b75d694.png

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Ric said:

Okay, the flying cat thing is pretty funny, mostly because it's not real. But make no mistake, the vast majority of these hybrids are not "bred" - no, a Begal Tiger and a short-haired tabby did not breed. Eggs or sperm were harvested from each, in-vitro fertilization was done and the embryos developed in a petri dish, the few chimeras that developed from many attempts were implanted into a surrogate mother, very few of those actually implanted into the uterus, and the vast majority of any fetuses that began to develop died before or shortly after they were born. It is likely a fair number of Mothers also died in the process.

Honestly, it's interesting from a scientific perspective but I don't find it all that entertaining.

That's was the intent, to give a little look at just how far science will go !! Answer !!There is no limit. Obviously almost every animal shown was man made, not by interbreeding, a few yes the rest made in a lab. So a bit of both, science & a little entertainment.  Most would realize there is no way to breed a Bengal tiger and a tabby cat besides in a petri dish. 

1 minute ago, Chad G. said:

Jus a snippet of how far we will go, not necessarily intended to be entertainment, i.e. something to talk about

How about this one for human greed, yes exactly how far will we go and since they say the average citizen is 30 years + behind what the scientific community is actually divulging to us, how does anyone know exactly how far gene splicing and interbreeding has actually gone ??

You've got a lot right here, Chad. And I didn't mean anything negative toward you or anyone else with my comments, just trying to inject a little reality into he thread. As I said, these sorts of experiments can be very interesting and even enlightening and valuable from a scientific perspective, but when you really understand whats happening and how it works, you realize it's nothing to be taken lightly. And as you said, science always develops way more rapidly than any real ethical discussion about it, and way faster than the general population begins to understand it.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

You've got a lot right here, Chad. And I didn't mean anything negative toward you or anyone else with my comments, just trying to inject a little reality into he thread. As I said, these sorts of experiments can be very interesting and even enlightening and valuable from a scientific perspective, but when you really understand whats happening and how it works, you realize it's nothing to be taken lightly. And as you said, science always develops way more rapidly than any real ethical discussion about it, and way faster than the general population begins to understand it.

Agree 100 % Ric, sciences objectives aren't always so savory, more $$$ driven than anything else. We are all probably better off not knowing the full extent of what they are actually doing.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

This sort of stuff is just like any other technology, guns included. It's entirely dependent on who's deploying it and what they're doing with it.

I fear the end result for each is always the same or rotates around the same objective  $$$ and control, no matter the country of origin. Even supposed "control" over nature & weather, there is nothing "sacred" anymore, unfortunately !!!

43 minutes ago, Ric said:

:o

It briefly occurred to me to wonder how they made that happen but then I forgot to keep wondering.

14 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I fear the end result for each is always the same or rotates around the same objective  $$$ and control, no matter the country of origin. Even supposed "control" over nature & weather, there is nothing "sacred" anymore, unfortunately !!!

For a lot of the science, $$$ really isn't the objective, knowledge is. Many times, $$$ and control is what drives the application of the knowledge gained through science, although things like improved health, better food, a cleaner environment, etc. are more ecumenical benefits of such work.

4 minutes ago, Steph said:

It briefly occurred to me to wonder how they made that happen but then I forgot to keep wondering.

Wondering is a very important thing, Steph, you know that. It's how you keep learning!

Fact is though, this stuff is a little too much like work for me. I'd much rather talk marbles!

Hmmmmm................ Yes indeed !! Mibs it is !! Of course this being the lounge one never knows where we'll end up !!

A few Heaton from the last dig, some named a few unnamed kind of a variety box. Iceberg, Honey biscuit, Heaton Sulphide, Robin eggs, Volcanoes, Voo doo, Black Cherry, Blackberry etc.........Many with a ying - yang pattern.

DSC03041.JPG

DSC03039.JPG

DSC03040.JPG

DSC03034.JPG

DSC03035.JPG

DSC03036.JPG

You're a good man, Chad. And those are dandy displays you put together! I can guarantee I have many of the retail version of those mibs around here, and one day, I'm going to start matching them up - these pics will come in real handy then!

2 hours ago, Ric said:

You're a good man, Chad. And those are dandy displays you put together! I can guarantee I have many of the retail version of those mibs around here, and one day, I'm going to start matching them up - these pics will come in real handy then!

A few surprises in there to, a transparent blue snowglobe, two transparent green av. marbles, three horsehair oxblood and one metalic hiding somewhere in the mix, all from the dig, I didn't add anything, in fact I probably should have cleaned them a bit better

Just a for instance . . . I think these:

Ric362.jpg.54845270f28923f22b129c8d8310da24.jpg

which are not that easy to find, in my experience (this is about twenty years worth), are probably a retail version of these:

Capture1.JPG.ce192abe6272efe8208af38a118ad094.JPG

I know @wvrons will recognize these marbles, and I'd be interested to know what you think.

See how much more fun this is! 🙂

Yes I've talked with him about them there was quite an extensive conversation about them on AAM and a few others, he said one in every three 5 gallon buckets average, if you look in between the two like that I have there is also a green transparent based one with the same orange over white he mentioned he'd never seen before, I lucked out on the two different shipments of dugs I got. Nearly 90% of all the named & some real oddballs that haven't turned up anywhere else, so they're not going anywhere soon. No more digging there , gone, zero, underground or pavement, that's it.  I jumped on it and was lucky enough to be one of 3 or 4 that got some other than the diggers, I found quite a few Heaton  in the mibs I already had, almost all in the wrong places, now all straightened out (I hope) Many new Heatons came out of this last dig not previously seen before, I'm grateful to the people who sold me some, otherwise I would have never even got close to one !! I saved them all but the ones that fell apart in my hands, which was very few, some quality glass I suspect.

11 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

there is also a green transparent based one with the same orange over white he mentioned he'd never seen before

I noticed that too . . . not sure I have one like that, but since my memory isn't what it used to be, I'd have to check pretty good before I commit. On the other hand, if Ron hasn't seen one, I probably haven't either. It does look like something I'd recall.

Only one I have, & I had at least a few hundred already here besides the dug ones. Like I said even Ron was wondering why so many new marbles came out of this dig, by new I mean ones nobody had ever seen before, either production or from any of the prior digs. !!