What time is it when you throw your camera on the floor?

Steph

Time to get a new camera.   Gives me an idea for a thread where you guys post your camera model and some representative marble photos.  And if you have a special set up for your marble photos, maybe share that too?

My camera which is now in six pieces was a Canon PowerShot SX170 IS  point-and-shoot.  It was okay but the flash gave some distracting effects which made marbles less clean looking.  

I've been using a Sony DSC-T200 since they were new (a long time ago) and I hope it never dies. It's basically a point and shoot with a zoom and a couple of macro options. It has everything you need and just enough other stuff to get great marble photos, or get yourself in trouble if you're a photo dolt like me and you mess with it too much. I'll bet you could still find one on EBay. I've bought new batteries and SD cards for it there fairly recently.

🙂

I have used a Sony T200 for many years. I have owned three other name brand cameras that never come close to these. The Sony T200 has macro and super macro. You can get to within 1/4 inch of the marble. It has Zeiss lens. It is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and half as thick. You can use about any light and it works. They have a touch screen viewer back. They are no longer made. I like them so well I have four of them. You can still find them listed on ebay. The batteries are cheap. A battery, charger, are maybe $10.00. Most come will everything. Once you get your settings where you want. Then just point and shoot for years. I just use overhead strip led light bulbs. Some dark marbles, I use my small hand held flashlight.  I have one that I dropped in three feet of Ohio river muddy water and sand. I let it dry for a few days. Put the battery back in, put in the sd card. opened the front cover, with the sand grinding. It powered up and worked. Still works today 4 years later. I dropped one on the concrete floor at Jabo 3-4 times. Dented but it still works fine.  You can buy them on ebay from $20.00- $100.00 depending on usage and what all comes with it. I have  at least 6-10 marble friends who all have went to this camera.  The newer or later Sony t500-800-900 etc.  do not have the super macro.  Most marble pictures are no the camera but what makes a big difference is the lighting and the user. How well they know their camera. Many people now use their smart phone. Which I do not have. It would not do me much good as there is no cell service within 10 miles of me.  Any pictures I have posted for  15 years were taken with a Sony T200. 

And this is my set-up. An Ottlite with a piece of gray felt strapped to it with a rubber band (still waiting for that 15 year old gray t-short to wear out - then I'll use a piece of it instead). The box is only a temporary tripod. I don't know where my chunk of two-by-four went. Pretty fancy, huh? lol

RicsSetUp.jpg.1e7842239da3ac5462d97960fe56be08.jpg

Well, it wasn't working.  Luckily my husband knows enough to recognize it didn't have a memory card.  

I didn't know what a memory card was, and didn't register what "memory stick SD card adaptor" in the ebay description could mean.  It meant I still needed a card to go in that adaptor.  Oops.  But hubby had a spare and now I have one.    So yay.  But I need to rest and recuperate before I try to take marble pictures. 

2 hours ago, mibcapper said:

camera .... :evil-grin-smileys-111: ........ it was the ... d %%%%% new laptop ... that went ... across the floor ..... :computer-22: ..... :computer-22: ..........  billy wuzzz ... bad ... :dunno:

OUCH!!!!!

Was it totalled?

5 hours ago, Steph said:

OUCH!!!!!

Was it totalled?

yep .... whacked and cracked ...... :icon_popcorn: ... i'm on my old 1 now .. and it's better than the new was ??? always was .... :tv-062: ...... bill

LOL  I found out his winter that my laptop could not fly. Also did not help that I forgot to unplug the cord. So I have a new one, which is ok, but the newness will wear off.  I also found out several years ago that my desktop tower did not have wings.  Maybe the second story window to the concrete patio did not have enough uplift draft ? They need to add wings or a fast opening parachute on these things.  It is a throw away society today. The throw part is the fun part. 

I finally had the money and purchased a Nikon D7100 with a macro lens that cost as much as the camera. With the high megapixels it shows more defects than you can see with your eyes.