My other interest...

William

Umm, they look so nice, I miss walking out back and being able to pick fruit or veggies fresh from my parentā€™sĀ gardens and orchards, wash it off with the hose and eating it right off the vine! Those peppers look yummy,Ā my fatherĀ favored cayenne but we grew the hotter ones for myĀ motherĀ and me to eat! Produce never tastes that fresh anymore. Childhood memoriesā€¦ā€¦.

55 minutes ago, Gina Macias said:

Umm, they look so nice, I miss walking out back and being able to pick fruit or veggies fresh from my parentā€™sĀ gardens and orchards, wash it off with the hose and eating it right off the vine! Those peppers look yummy,Ā my fatherĀ favored cayenne but we grew the hotter ones for myĀ motherĀ and me to eat! Produce never tastes that fresh anymore. Childhood memoriesā€¦ā€¦.

Well hello there! Didn't realize you were back šŸ˜Š good too hear from you and hope all is well!

1 hour ago, William said:

Fishing this morning...a little enclosed waterway fed by the Root River.

20210705_090212.jpg

20210705_090206.jpg

20210705_090158.jpg

20210705_082312.jpg

20210705_081633.jpg

Ah Ha !! I recognize that spot from last time, your hidey hole ( secret spot ) Looks like a fresh veggie saladĀ from the garden and friedĀ fish fillets rolled inĀ cornmeal for dinner !!Ā  Mmm Hmm, Yeah Buddy !!Ā 

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

Ah Ha !! I recognize that spot from last time, your hidey hole ( secret spot ) Looks like a fresh veggie saladĀ from the garden and friedĀ fish fillets rolled inĀ cornmeal for dinner !!Ā  Mmm Hmm, Yeah Buddy !!Ā 

Oh yeah! Nobody has been there since my brother in law and I that last day. Pretty overgrown on the banks, had to take time to clear it out. If the flow was better than it is the surface wouldn't been so bad either. That time of year for that stuff. The big ones evaded me but were hitting the surface hard out in the middle. Tried various lures but they wouldn't take them.Ā 

40 minutes ago, William said:

Oh yeah! Nobody has been there since my brother in law and I that last day. Pretty overgrown on the banks, had to take time to clear it out. If the flow was better than it is the surface wouldn't been so bad either. That time of year for that stuff. The big ones evaded me but were hitting the surface hard out in the middle. Tried various lures but they wouldn't take them.Ā 

I could eat that spot right now, my mother used to fry them up for me,Ā I love fresh fish. Here,Ā rockfish(thatā€™s what theyā€™re called colloquially-not sure if itā€™s striped bass or what),Ā are my fave, but no one can cook like your mother. We still have to go to Florida just for a weekend so my husband can eat his motherā€™s food! Heā€™s lucky to still have her. I would be right there fishing with you William-youā€™d have to bait the hook though!

On 4/18/2021 at 1:04 AM, Chad G. said:

My Grandfather & thus my Mother were from Wisconsin. My great great Grandmother was 100% Chippewa Indian, also from the great lakes region.

The Meg tooth sounds great & a pretty reasonable price to. It seems the closer you get to the source the more expensive things get. That tooth would be a couple hundred here at least, 7" is a big one alright. Glad you found a place to get what your interested in at decent prices. Over the years I've made friends with many shop and mall owners & even grew up with a few. Honesty really goes a long ways as long as it's mutual, it took a while but now I know when I'm getting skinned. Strange we have an Onalaska WA. about 45 minutes from here. Truly a small, small world we live in.

Really enjoying the pix William, keep em cominĀ Ā :thup:Ā  I have a bunch of pix of my hobbies & so forth postedĀ if you click on my avatar & the about me section there. I've posted several of the pix before & some I haven't. I'm the big one in all the pix, some are quite old some newer, you'llĀ unfortunately see the age progression in me as you look at the pix. Good grief I feel old !! Also a great deal on the rose quartz, a guy here in town will make you what ever you want, mostly names, inscribed hearts, dice and otherĀ shapes. He uses several different gemstones,Ā quartz, amethyst, carnelian, blood agate etc... I'll "try" & remember to get some pix of his work & post it here.

Chippewa Chad! I like that!Ā ā€œTheĀ legend lives on from the Chippewa on downā€¦ā€¦ā€, Ā they are also known as Ojibwa or Ojibway it means something like puckered moccasin ones,Ā one of my dearest friends was Chippewa. Now I have another! William, I have collected rocks since I was five years old. I am so happy to be a part of this group. You all make me smile and quite happy!Ā 

Was itching to score yesterday so instead of coming home empty handed, I picked up this set of what is referred to as ShiShi Lions by Fitz and Floyd. Supposed to be rare (that's usually said about everything lol), but rare doesn't always equate into $. I found only 2 sets online thus far for sale, 1 set for $150 and the other for $175. I paid $37. Not bad, if legit, but I liked them anyway. Until further research I'll say I did well šŸ˜Š

16255715963176191693339309406999.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, William said:

Was itching to score yesterday so instead of coming home empty handed, I picked up this set of what is referred to as ShiShi Lions by Fitz and Floyd. Supposed to be rare (that's usually said about everything lol), but rare doesn't always equate into $. I found only 2 sets online thus far for sale, 1 set for $150 and the other for $175. I paid $37. Not bad, if legit, but I liked them anyway. Until further research I'll say I did well šŸ˜Š

Another photobomb, this time a jealous Jaguar. šŸ˜‹

16 hours ago, Gina Macias said:

Chippewa Chad! I like that!Ā ā€œTheĀ legend lives on from the Chippewa on downā€¦ā€¦ā€, Ā they are also known as Ojibwa or Ojibway it means something like puckered moccasin ones,Ā one of my dearest friends was Chippewa. Now I have another! William, I have collected rocks since I was five years old. I am so happy to be a part of this group. You all make me smile and quite happy!Ā 

Speaking of rocks, I am supposed to be working with my raw material (agates) that I have picked thus far. Hasn't happened and wondering if I will ever get too it anytime soon. The problem, I became a marbleaholic šŸ˜ŠĀ 

12 minutes ago, William said:

Speaking of rocks, I am supposed to be working with my raw material (agates) that I have picked thus far. Hasn't happened and wondering if I will ever get too it anytime soon. The problem, I became a marbleaholic šŸ˜ŠĀ 

Same here, I haven't touched mine in weeks.

Ā 

49 minutes ago, Gina Macias said:

Same here, I haven't touched mine in weeks.

Ā 

I've had mine for a long time, haven't even looked at them since earlier in this thread. I'll share more pics soon šŸ˜Š

7 hours ago, William said:

I love them!Ā