Jump to content

My other interest...


William
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

Crazy story. Addiction is real, so is mental illness.

Yes it is. I remember days being in there making a purchase and seeing him become angry when another customer would buy from the same game he was currently playing. He would also keep track of the numbers of the tickets and if he left, then came back and saw some had been sold, he would literally blow up. Said they were "his". Too bad the nephew nor any authorities stepped in to offer help. I don't think he would have accepted it anyway as he was a very fiery, defiant man set in his ways. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, William said:

Not only do my tomatoes make good impersonations of a Vitro, they also have a pretty good Jabo impersonation! 😂

16302652474721998374053232498654.jpg

You're killin me man  :badgrin:  what a whopper !!  ....  Jabo !!  .... :badgrin:  .....  :banana006:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Sterling Silver, some tiny "salt spoons & a few old Buffalo nickels, I have some Kennedys and Mercury dimes etc.. but didn't want to dig anymore, lame I know !! Tomorrow never comes right !!

DSC03908.JPG

DSC03899.JPG

DSC03906.JPG

DSC03912.JPG

DSC03903.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Sterling Silver, some tiny "salt spoons & a few old Buffalo nickels, I have some Kennedys and Mercury dimes etc.. but didn't want to dig anymore, lame I know !! Tomorrow never comes right !!

DSC03908.JPG

DSC03899.JPG

DSC03906.JPG

DSC03912.JPG

DSC03903.JPG

That's me too...bunch of old coins around here somewhere, U.S. and other countries. Buried somewhere! Got a few old spoons around here too that are sterling silver, Gerber baby spoon, a couple of late 19th century pieces. Only collected this kind of stuff a short time. Also have a handful of Troy ounce slabs hidden somewhere. 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, William said:

That's me too...bunch of old coins around here somewhere, U.S. and other countries. Buried somewhere! Got a few old spoons around here too that are sterling silver, Gerber baby spoon, a couple of late 19th century pieces. Only collected this kind of stuff a short time. Also have a handful of Troy ounce slabs hidden somewhere. 🤔

I'm just here & there on the spoons and coins, I only buy what I like I have a few bars stashed (somewhere) just like everything else  !! Capt. disarray here !! :blink: Derp !!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

Yeah man like this one, any hallmarks on the bottom of the stem William ?? 

Nope, none at all. We do remember now that the lady we purchased it from said it was of Russian origin. Which makes sense because that is one of only a few places in the world where there are large quantities of amber deposits. Patty also has a silver ring set with a huge hunk of amber that dates from the early 20th century, around 1920, also of Russian origin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, William said:

Nope, none at all. We do remember now that the lady we purchased it from said it was of Russian origin. Which makes sense because that is one of only a few places in the world where there are large quantities of amber deposits. Patty also has a silver ring set with a huge hunk of amber that dates from the early 20th century, around 1920, also of Russian origin.

Hallmark or no, that's a heck of a piece, the amber is just icing on the cake !! Nice one man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Hallmark or no, that's a heck of a piece, the amber is just icing on the cake !! Nice one man.

Decorah, Iowa; where we got it, is known for its somewhat wealthy families and Norwegian heritage. The lady we purchased it from runs an antique store out of her home, apparently alot of it is hers from her lifelong travels. Heck, this city even hosts the Norwegian Royal family once a year! The Vesterheim Museum there tells the story. 😊

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's one of her Amber rings, can't find the other one! She has a knack for sticking things in places and forgetting where (don't we all!) I like the other Russian ring better, it's got quite the unusual cut.

16314062848394280314651485843473.jpg

16314064247276126562939106660407.jpg

16314064603372534528182672671960.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tommy said:

Was doing a little Rock hunting in Lake Havasu Arizona. 

Baking in the Desert and millions of years untouched..20210912_205434.thumb.jpg.780f7305224919d4245ebe7f8e28e538.jpg

Man, I haven't messed around with my rocks for some time, except for posting a few pics. I should go picking before the snow flies!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, William said:

Man, I haven't messed around with my rocks for some time, except for posting a few pics. I should go picking before the snow flies!

Better hurry William, fall is almost sprung here, no more above 70 anymore w/ the first rain in months forecast for a week straight starting around Wednesday !! And a 37 deg. in the mountains (foothills) i.e. 1500 feet, where I used to live as a kid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Better hurry William, fall is almost sprung here, no more above 70 anymore w/ the first rain in months forecast for a week straight starting around Wednesday !! And a 37 deg. in the mountains (foothills) i.e. 1500 feet, where I used to live as a kid

I should be good at least through September and some of October....According too the extended forecast anyway 😉 A light rain would actually be ok, the agates show up alot better that way 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, William said:

I should be good at least through September and some of October....According too the extended forecast anyway 😉 A light rain would actually be ok, the agates show up alot better that way 👍

I have a sizable chunk of landscaping here at work next to the parking lot that's in my sights. There is really nice river rock all around the premises, some spots I haven't gotten to yet. Some of the really good stuff I have I have found here 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

Well it is supposed to be in the 90s here but it has been over 106 ..relief is on the way highs in the upper 90s next week :Panic: lol .but you don't shovel hot..lol just heat exhaustion 😜

Yeah, we have one more possible "heatwave" in southeast Minnesota in mid September, otherwise lower 60's-70's before dropping in October. Don't like how late it's getting for sunrise and sunset will soon be around 5:30 😐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Almost "Mole thirty" gonna be livin in the dark for a bit 😒 Not the happiest camper either, gonna get out a bit and enjoy what's left of the sunshine before the rains set in on Friday. Just a "Walkin the Dogs" I guess !! 

Maybe they're walkin me ??

image.png.0459553cf3d8a2a5d5ec62ff17bf42a9.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if I posted these here or not ?? I know I did somewhere but !! Ah well, here goes. A few ashtrays made in Murano Italy, loaded w heavy chunky gold lutz and some killer patterns, got em all at yard sales except on at a thrift store. Spendy little buggers new I guess, anyway I really like em & just wanted to share them with ya. All are marked and are embossed w/  ITALY on the bottom. There are knock offs out there just like everything else !!

DSC03380.JPG

DSC03386.JPG

DSC03384.JPG

DSC03392.JPG

DSC03388.JPG

DSC03390.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...