Nova

sarab

Hi, I'm looking for as much good information as you may have about the Peltier Nova family, 1988. The only on-line info I can find is this: 

https://www.peltiermarbles.info/1981-nove-run?fbclid=IwAR2HZM8QLt7hAQYjMB3GBZa1OvNMLMsn2YZFLJGE9_LJ6k9F1j_eivvEfD8

I own two from this family (a Float and a black),see photo, disregard the muddy's. I interpret the info from the link as the black ones must have a specific color and patch to officially be given the Nova name, communicating to me that I cannot call mine a Nova based on it's squiggle color and shape. I can, however, call mine, 'from the Nova family'. Is this accurate information? 

I'd love to see photos of any of your Novas, black, or otherwise (have never seen someone share a champagne photo from their collection).  

Stephanie, if this would be better housed in Marble ID forum, by all means, move it. 

Thank you! 

IMG_3090.jpg

23 minutes ago, sarab said:

I'm too lazy to sign up for another site, AAM. 

Guess that's it. Thanks everyone for what you have contributed. 

Aw, go have a look.  The marble world used to have a lot of resources on it but it looks like Marble Connection's  old Nova threads are missing and the  other marble sites I knew of with the info have gone offline.

If AAM is the official keeper of the Nova information now, so be it.  Check it out.   

I tried to get some of the old threads from here, I searched here first, they were great but as you said Steph missing a lot of pics,, part there part not. This was and still is my first go to, over time things are talked about many times and will turn up again with new pics. Now the info from there is here via the link, as I take it , it should be shared with the marble community as a whole anyway so we all can benefit from it. There's stuff here that isn't there & visa versa. I have great friends on both sides, that's the main get go for me is "Fun"

7 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I tried to get some of the old threads from here, I searched here first, they were great but as you said Steph missing a lot of pics,, part there part not. This was and still is my first go to, over time things are talked about many times and will turn up again with new pics. Now the info from there is here via the link, as I take it , it should be shared with the marble community as a whole anyway so we all can benefit from it. There's stuff here that isn't there & visa versa. I have great friends on both sides, that's the main get go for me is "Fun"

Did you mean "both sites"?  There aren't "sides".   Most of us are friends on facebook.  Leading members of that site post here.   

The owner of this site is a member in good standing over there.   I'm just not.  And you have to be a member to view the links.  So I just don't get to see them. That's all.  

Yes sites,

Didn't mean anything by sides Steph just two different forums, I'm am a member on both and have friends on both forums, not trying to ruffle any feathers at all, sorry for the misused vocabulary, I post links to this forum on the other as well, it's all about shared information for the benefit of us all, I was just saying there's stuff here that isn't there and stuff there that isn't here, just a note about sharing, if anything was misunderstood I do apologise. 

4 hours ago, Steph said:

I'm banned at AAM and was looking forward to the fun of growing a Nova thread over here.    Oh well.  

Sara, I hope that gives you the info you were looking for.

Hi Steph. I bumped a thread in the archives there is lots of nova run info

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hi Steph. I bumped a thread in the archives there is lots of nova run info

Thanks, Tommy.   :thup: 

By the way, who authored the link at AAM?  Is it the classic David Chamberlain article?  Or the information which Paula Cole (aka marblemover) compiled?  Or something else?

As with most topics, I have a lot of sources I could reassemble into something useful for me, but not in a ready-to-read format for anyone else. 

20 minutes ago, Steph said:

Thanks, Tommy.   :thup: 

By the way, who authored the link at AAM?  Is it the classic David Chamberlain article?  Or the information which Paula Cole (aka marblemover) compiled?  Or something else?

As with most topics, I have a lot of sources I could reassemble into something useful for me, but not in a ready-to-read format for anyone else. 

No thank you . For all the info you put out there...:clap2:Its the same article you posted ..

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

No thank you . For all the info you put out there...:clap2:Its the same article you posted ..

Oh good.  

But I still think there might be another one floating around.  I need to ask Paula if I'm remembering correctly that she wrote an updated one.   

Maybe it was a different topic.  

To Be Continued .... 

Steph, AAM has been upgraded and all Kevin's old traps and hidden glitch stuff has been erased. You are welcome there with open arms, it took the hiring of a professional to get the site debugged from him. The last of him is gone and he is not a member nor is he allowed on the site. What was done nearly a decade ago is under the bridge and AAM now is a totally different place. Different look, and I and my wife and Scott LeGrande are moderators, Chad Kline is the site owner. Many who are regulars here are also regulars there. We should be one big family, no hard feelings and cliques. I send people to this site without reservation. It's about enjoying the hobby and moving it forward. If for some reason you try to join and can't, please let me know and I will make sure it is remedied. 

7 hours ago, cheese said:

Steph, AAM has been upgraded and all Kevin's old traps and hidden glitch stuff has been erased. You are welcome there with open arms, it took the hiring of a professional to get the site debugged from him. The last of him is gone and he is not a member nor is he allowed on the site. What was done nearly a decade ago is under the bridge and AAM now is a totally different place. Different look, and I and my wife and Scott LeGrande are moderators, Chad Kline is the site owner. Many who are regulars here are also regulars there. We should be one big family, no hard feelings and cliques. I send people to this site without reservation. It's about enjoying the hobby and moving it forward. If for some reason you try to join and can't, please let me know and I will make sure it is remedied. 

:) :thup:  aw, thank you ... 

12 hours ago, Steph said:

Oh good.  

But I still think there might be another one floating around.  I need to ask Paula if I'm remembering correctly that she wrote an updated one.   

Maybe it was a different topic.  

To Be Continued .... 

I heard back from Paula.  It wasn't Novas.  It was Cosmic Rainbows that she wrote and article about.  

On 4/3/2021 at 3:24 AM, cheese said:

After trying to gain access to AAM over a year ago, I would like to try again with this new management information. I just now sent an email from the site with my former account access failures.  I am requesting your help please.