Sell Mibs?

Berryb

We had a buy/sell/trade forum but it wasn't being used so we got rid of it.  A couple of people who were liquidating their whole collections posted them in this general chat area.  But if there is interest in renewing the trade forum .... 

Jason?  @bumblebee  What are your thoughts?

Good idea. Most members are advanced collectors who will be selling high-grade mibs when their time comes. Great opportunity for the younger generation to upgrade their collection without Feebay add-on costs.

my kids want nothing to do with my collections, so I figure to eventually sell them and keep the proceeds for myself. Hopefully traveling will allow me to die broke🤣🤣🤣

Getting the farm ready for a new crop of oysters, mussels, and geoducks.

relocated the oyster bags to 0’ tide, will be installing buckets for the geoducks tomorrow, my back willing.

geoducks take about 5 years to mature, if you can keep the predators away.

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, Steph said:

Wow ... what a concept ... growing geoducks?!  

Amazing view.

It is unique to this area. They burrow down to 3’ or so, a real pain to dig by hand.

https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/species/geoduck

our offices face the beach, so I have to close my blinds to get any work done.

there are a lot of marbles out on the beach, use a wrist rocket from the upper deck.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:44 PM, Steph said:

We had a buy/sell/trade forum but it wasn't being used so we got rid of it.  A couple of people who were liquidating their whole collections posted them in this general chat area.  But if there is interest in renewing the trade forum .... 

Jason?  @bumblebee  What are your thoughts?

@Steph, I am not opposed to reviving sales here, but I am hesitant because I do see a number of sales go bad on the FaceBook marbles groups.

What happens is the sellers want people to use PayPal "friends and family" to avoid fees, but sometimes a bad apple never ships the marbles, leaving the buyer straight out of luck because they sent payment as "friends and family" rather than "goods and services". Goods and services allows claims to be made against sellers. Of course, fees are the whole reason many folk stopped using eBay, so it's a Catch-22.

So perhaps large BUYER BEWARE sticky on a new buy/sell forum?

25 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

@Steph, I am not opposed to reviving sales here, but I am hesitant because I do see a number of sales go bad on the FaceBook marbles groups.

What happens is the sellers want people to use PayPal "friends and family" to avoid fees, but sometimes a bad apple never ships the marbles, leaving the buyer straight out of luck because they sent payment as "friends and family" rather than "goods and services". Goods and services allows claims to be made against sellers. Of course, fees are the whole reason many folk stopped using eBay, so it's a Catch-22.

So perhaps large BUYER BEWARE sticky on a new buy/sell forum?

How about requiring sellers/buyers to have 6 months as a member and 100 posts? Most con artists won’t probably make the effort to qualify?

7 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

How about requiring sellers/buyers to have 6 months as a member and 100 posts? Most con artists won’t probably make the effort to qualify?

We can restrict it by post count. It would stop newbies from signing up to sell great grandpa's collection, but maybe that's the wisest compromise.

@Steph, what do you think? Restrict posting by users who have more than 50 posts? 100?

So something like:

Buy/Sell Forum (long-time users only)

That means the 4 or 5 year wait for you Brad, ouch !! Maybe 50 would be a bit better ?? Then you have the over zealous like me who has to post on everything, I think I had 100 posts in less than a month :wacko: !! Time to start crunching #'s to find a happy medium :unsure: ??  Better get some guards for that geoduck patch Brad  :pirate:  Yuuum, Deeeliciouse !! well worth the wait !!

9 hours ago, Chad G. said:

That means the 4 or 5 year wait for you Brad, ouch !! Maybe 50 would be a bit better ?? Then you have the over zealous like me who has to post on everything, I think I had 100 posts in less than a month :wacko: !! Time to start crunching #'s to find a happy medium :unsure: ??  Better get some guards for that geoduck patch Brad  :pirate:  Yuuum, Deeeliciouse !! well worth the wait !!

Chad, my thought was 100 posts AND 6 months as a member. (Some newbies racked up 100 posts in a week)

Sounds good to me Brad a happy medium, who knows I may be getting rid of something myself, or even buying something ?? I was just pullin your leg anyway. I try not to take anything to serious. More than a few asking for this new site so hopefully it works out Ok for everyone !!

Sell or buy marbles. I have seen a lot of this over the past 25+ years. I have yet to see one compete any amount of time with ebay. I think there has been several on facebook, with some still surviving and some not. When it is new they work for a few months but seem to fall fast after that. Old ones try to get revived and people jump in for a few weeks then it is back downhill to nothing again. But even short term or time, can be a benefit to both seller or buyer. It is like marble books, marble chat boards, or marble sales sites, none will ever be perfect or fit everyone as they would like. It will be what the people participating make of it. 

On 5/5/2021 at 1:59 PM, bumblebee said:

Unfortunately the board only allows a post count limit, not membership age, so we will have to stick with that.

We work within the bounds of the system, makes sense. 
maybe a precheck to accessing the specific forum is a pledge to abide by the rules?

3rd party payment platform required for protection, unless buyer/seller have a long term relationship. (Trading is OK.)

failure to deliver items results in a permanent ban from the site. (How does that occur?)

have a post on people who failed to act ethically so others know who to look out for.

every online sale I have ever made was shipped USPS priority with insurance. This protects both parties.

I am sure others can come up with added points...