Best Friends Marble Friends

Just in the last couple months I got some much sought after, (at least by me ) Pelts . All unexpectedly from some great Marble friends. I said I like & they appear !! What a Blessing, not so much the marbles but the people who sent them. I have made and continue making friends that I'm sure most will last a lifetime A few pix of the mibs I have recently been gifted in more ways than one.

Pelt Pee Wee X-mas tree & a par of wolverines all three at .49" or just under

DSC03317.JPG

A huge Pelt Cherry Bomb that came as a complete surprise, All marbles from Friends that will never leave my collection or be sold. Memories of good times & good people

DSC03328.JPG

DSC03326.JPG

DSC03327.JPG

DSC03325.JPG

Most all of the wooden marbles show off boxes are custom made. Sometimes they appear on ebay for sale. Find a wood worker or cabinet maker near you. Show them the pictures and have some made. The holes need to be slightly larger than the actual marble size. One side can have slightly deeper holes than the opposite side. This prevents people from removing the marbles easily from the deeper side. But close the case and turn the case over and they come out easy.  If you use to large of a rectangle or piece of wood. It can be difficult to keep the wood from warpping or keeping the two halves flat in order to close well. The holes may or may not be padded. But even bare wood does not mark or damage the marbles. The marbles glass are and should be much harder than the wood. I have had floor  cabinets made two feet wide, three and four feet tall, with several drawers with wood trays and holes to hold marbles.  I have two wood cabinets three feet wide by six feet tall with glass doors and glass shelves. Full length mirror in the back of the cabinets. No limit to what can be built from wood to hold or display marbles. Some wood cases may fit in a pants hip pocket or cover a wall floor to ceiling.