Some people fool ya

Nice marbles on the pictures and this is what they send you for 10 dollar

My first thoughts.....you dont want to know.....voltures these people who do business like this.....bleeehhhh 

20210604_154204.jpg

That's why I am happy just getting lucky with the random antique store score. Sure, there are good sellers out there, but I don't waste my time with Ebay or anything else. I'd rather get lucky on the long shot finding the good or great marbles than deal with potential headaches. The thrill of the chase, I have enjoyed that more then anything else. If I never find the super score in the wild, I'm ok with that. I had fun while I did it 😊

1 hour ago, William said:

That's why I am happy just getting lucky with the random antique store score. Sure, there are good sellers out there, but I don't waste my time with Ebay or anything else. I'd rather get lucky on the long shot finding the good or great marbles than deal with potential headaches. The thrill of the chase, I have enjoyed that more then anything else. If I never find the super score in the wild, I'm ok with that. I had fun while I did it 😊

The thrill....yeah i understand and feel that William,  found this one last week in a store between a bag of marbles of 75 cents , i was so excited !! Moehahahaha 

20210522_102132.jpg

Sometimes they do what is called "Flashing"  they put the damaged mib back under heat and you get the ripely melted looking surface like the wet ones Joep has. Easy to tell once you've seen them. Too bad there are people out there like that.

54 minutes ago, Peltier Mibber said:

Wow, that's a very bad seller.

It's hard to believe they're even the same marbles.

Proof , rubbed them with hand oil , and shine shine shine 

20210604_191740.jpg

20210604_191834.jpg

20210604_191855.jpg

4 hours ago, William said:

2 hours ago, Peltier Mibber said:

Wow, that's a very bad seller.

It's hard to believe they're even the same marbles.

Here....one of mine....my first find...before and after i rub her with oil

20210604_202857.jpg

20210604_203008.jpg

Snake oil, lol.  Anyone else remember the photo that actually had a bottle of oil showing in the background? 

Another option would be to get them polished on a 3-head sphere machine (some people frown on polished marbles, and the service price for these examples probably would be more than what the marble itself is worth).

4 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

Snake oil, lol.  Anyone else remember the photo that actually had a bottle of oil showing in the background? 

Another option would be to get them polished on a 3-head sphere machine (some people frown on polished marbles, and the service price for these examples probably would be more than what the marble itself is worth).

The oil bottle picture is mine , just to make it very clear how they fool ya , i repeated ot just to be sure i have been fooien amd show here what they have done 

12 hours ago, Mojomarblelicious said:

The oil bottle picture is mine , just to make it very clear how they fool ya , i repeated ot just to be sure i have been fooien amd show here what they have done 

No, the picture I was thinking of was from 10-15 years ago and some guy was describing his marbles as wet mint and (if memory serves) the oil bottle was in the background and dripping off his fingers

• Like 1