This is one I’m doubting

Gina Macias

Is that green, yellow, orange and white?    Handgathered but what?  

I don't think it's MFC with that many different colors.     Unless some of those colors are just added by the camera and not really there.

Rick,  you might be giving me too much credit on this one.  Or maybe it's one of the many things I've forgotten.  

Christensen Agate had some handgathered marbles, beyond their basic slags.  Galen posted a few.

With more than one color in the amber base, I'd looked to CAC before MFC.

These are three closer photos, that have me wondering. It looks like the light is causing the color change, I do not know enough to tell and really appreciate your comments.6E2A1674-4488-4131-BC18-263D6AEBE2A1.thumb.jpeg.8f73d9442ddead027bd67996a88d9c0e.jpegD6253AEC-5D7D-4169-A366-AA46FB451FF5.thumb.jpeg.1be75685eab9ef2524e693ff2c41d8fa.jpegC97997EF-0EF8-4151-8679-42E7D4C7868A.thumb.jpeg.36b2573868773e496089d879032bd742.jpeg

5 hours ago, Steph said:

Christensen Agate had some handgathered marbles, beyond their basic slags.  Galen posted a few.

With more than one color in the amber base, I'd looked to CAC before MFC. Where can I see Galen’s post? Thank you. 

I agree with the one that Rick has a link to looking like a "Jabo". Here's one of my slags, has what appears to be an amber base with a tail running into a very defined & straight cut line in the back, sorry no pics of the cutline yet. A very creamy looking, with almost white swirls in it. My best guess is MFC for this one. All "I" can say about Gina's is it looks handgathered, I'm on the fence like Steph as far as a positive I.D. All the handgather's kinda meld together for me.

image.png.777ad078e4463d3f6895034e4f4401fc.png

image.png.67a97521c938a4a48e3aaf53580c4a8c.png

Another I just trade away last week with a very similar pattern & the same straight cut on the back. This one is definitely has an amber base.

"I" also attribute this to MFC.

image.png.bb2adb8c36c45ae112f6a632bee7c01b.png

49 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I agree with the one that Rick has a link to looking like a "Jabo". Here's one of my slags, has what appears to be an amber base with a tail running into a very defined & straight cut line in the back, sorry no pics of the cutline yet. A very creamy looking, with almost white swirls in it. My best guess is MFC for this one. All "I" can say about Gina's is it looks handgathered, I'm on the fence like Steph as far as a positive I.D. All the handgather's kinda meld together for me.

image.png.777ad078e4463d3f6895034e4f4401fc.png

image.png.67a97521c938a4a48e3aaf53580c4a8c.png

Another I just trade away last week with a very similar pattern & the same straight cut on the back. This one is definitely has an amber base.

"I" also attribute this to MFC.

image.png.bb2adb8c36c45ae112f6a632bee7c01b.png

I love that yellow slag. Do you also own that yellow layered sand you showed me? So beautiful, I just hate when they mislabel and mislead. I will find a real MF Christensen one day. My quest is not complete! 

3 hours ago, Gina Macias said:

I love that yellow slag. Do you also own that yellow layered sand you showed me? So beautiful, I just hate when they mislabel and mislead. I will find a real MF Christensen one day. My quest is not complete! 

No I don't own the layered sand. I don't collect Christensen anymore, I stuck with Alley, Peltier, Akro & German handmades and a few other transitional & machine made manufacturers. I sold. traded & gave away all the Christensen I had away last year except for a few. The Christensen layered sand I showed a picture of belongs to "Bob Block" who runs the MCSA  (Marble Collectors Society of America)  site.

I believe the marble is still for sale ?? I'll give the link again. His phone number is posted there & contact info. I have talked with him several times on the phone and he was only to happy to answer my questions. Ebay user id and link is also there if you want to view his mibs & stuff he has for sale, 90% marbles.

LINK https://www.marblecollecting.com/marble-collectors-society-of-america/

32 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

No I don't own the layered sand. I don't collect Christensen anymore, I stuck with Alley, Peltier, Akro & German handmades and a few other transitional & machine made manufacturers. I sold. traded & gave away all the Christensen I had away last year except for a few. The Christensen layered sand I showed a picture of belongs to "Bob Block" who runs the MCSA  (Marble Collectors Society of America)  site.

I believe the marble is still for sale ?? I'll give the link again. His phone number is posted there & contact info. I have talked with him several times on the phone and he was only to happy to answer my questions. Ebay user id and link is also there if you want to view his mibs & stuff he has for sale, 90% marbles.

LINK https://www.marblecollecting.com/marble-collectors-society-of-america/

Well from the gallery page, you have a fabulous collection. You know what I was confusing Popeyes with and they look nothing alike-bullseyes. Yes, thank you for the links, I have been drooling over his marbles too. 

9 minutes ago, Gina Macias said:

Well from the gallery page, you have a fabulous collection. You know what I was confusing Popeyes with and they look nothing alike-bullseyes. Yes, thank you for the links, I have been drooling over his marbles too. 

Thank you, yes the marbles & everything else in my gallery albums is from my collection !!  I hope the info comes in handy for you Gina ?? I try to draw and pass on info from trustworthy & known sources but everyone makes a boo - boo once in a while. If you use the search bar we have, almost anything marble related will pop up with several posts, some are old but still viable & quite accurate.

1 minute ago, Chad G. said:

The marbles & everything else in my gallery albums is from my collection, yes !!  I hope the info comes in handy for you Gina ?? I try to draw and pass on info from trustworthy & known sources but everyone makes a boo - boo once in a while. If you use the search bar we have, almost anything marble related will pop up with several posts, some are old but still viable & quite accurate.

Chad, you have been a wealth of information for me and I sincerely appreciate it. Monday after surgery, I’ll be going nuts, unable to get on my iPad or computer to see what’s happening. FOMO! Again, thank you for the invaluable information, you’ve provided. It is indeed a pleasure, every single member I’ve encountered, has been considerate and kind. It is a wonderful group.

I believe that's why were all here to further this hobby through the mutual gathering & sharing of information in our search for Provenance. Good Friends, Good memories with many more to come !! No place I'd rather be (almost)