Identifying Popeyes

Gina Macias

I do learn every week. Maybe not all here, I visit other places with marbles and marble people. I identified some marbles in hand yesterday and probably more in hand this evening. I need to spend more time with all the past marble books. Plus all my years ago notes and paper work from my searching. That is not easy sometimes as so many of those people are no longer with us. No doubt they said, oh no, here he comes again with more marble questions. I wanted my own answers that satisfied me. Answers from as close to the true source as I could find. First hand answers not third or fourth when things get scrambled as it is passed along. Then I discovered that many marble thoughts were totally wrong, just guesses or selling tactics. As years went by more and more puzzle pieces fit together. Of course I never got all my answers. The search continues for information and the marbles which go with it. Neither one will often come looking for us. We have to do the search.   

I will share what ever I can to help anyone searching. But they need do their searching and learn from it.  I will never forget how difficult it was twenty five years ago. The more people who learn more about marbles just advances everything about marbles and we all gain. I can tell when people like the information that I post and the many talks at shows. Many times it can get long. But many times it should be even longer and with more details.  It has been worth the effort and time, all these past years.

Thanks

On 6/10/2021 at 10:06 AM, Chad G. said:

Wow !! What an interesting seam, it certainly has all the qualifications of a Popeye +, clear base glass, white whispy strands& "I" wouldn't call it a Vitro !! "I'm" gonna agree with you and say a whacked out Popeye patch, in your case multiple patches, very interesting mib Bruce, let's see if others have anything to add on this one ??

Looks kinds Pelty to me

2 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

Looks kinds Pelty to me

You may have something there, all the Popeye and Akro talk kinda took me off on a rabbit trail, an obscure example either way !! It does look kinda like a MCR, the whispy white strands have me stumped ?? Hmm !!

Is a Hybrid now what I use to call an End of Round. I always thought the End Of Round marbles were there one's that were made when the next batch of color combos are being introduced into the new run and the last run's colors are done.