New Boxes ??

That particular box is a Brazilian hardwood called Wenge wood. Extremely hard and dense, this box feels like a chunk of stone instead of wood. "Thanks for the compliment Rick" I'm having another 40 count box made right now, also made of a Brazilian hardwood called Bubinga, a lighter brownish color wood with maple like grain in it, gonna put a Pelt & Akro mix in it, size will be 20, 5/8ths holes & 20, 11/16ths, the guy making the boxes for me makes whatever I want and even bought some new sizes of forstner drill bits for the next box, I've seen quite a few of his boxes for sale online & even some at the Seattle marble show for sale, pretty good considering he lives in Iowa seeing his work clear over here, of course he wasn't the one selling them it was someone else at the show with some of his boxes. He does killer work, I'm very satisfied with the boxes I've purchased from him.

• 1 month later...

The 40 ct. box came from Phil, Brazilian hardwood called Bubinga wood. My hands are to shaky anymore, at the cost of wood I can't afford to make any mistakes. Phil does some Primo work, customized boxes and will make one from any kind of wood you wish. You probably have seen his boxes at shows or for sale on Ebay, he's been making them a long time. Not CNC but I'm ok with that.

DSC03629.JPG

DSC03626.JPG

DSC03627.JPG

DSC03632.JPG

DSC03639.JPG

DSC03648.JPG

DSC03650.JPG

DSC03646.JPG

DSC03647.JPG

• 1 month later...

Very Happy !! got some more coffin boxes today from Phil. Haven't filled them yet but as usual the workmanship is superior. The two lighter colored ones are Zebra wood and the dark one in Wenge wood, both from Brazil I think.  They each hold mibs 5 mibs from pee wee to one inch. Magnetically locked so no more Oops !!

DSC03955.JPG

DSC03948.JPG

DSC03942.JPG

DSC03943.JPG

DSC03952.JPG

DSC03962.JPG

DSC03956.JPG

DSC03959.JPG

DSC03965.JPG

DSC03960.JPG