West Virginia Wednesday !!

On 8/26/2021 at 12:14 AM, cheese said:

Beautiful Sistersville Ric!

I used to think it was a purple Taterbug variant from Pennsboro, since I didn't remember seeing anything too much like it from Sistersville.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I've seen them with a lot more and darker purple too. I'll have to do some digging.

Found one, it's better but still weak. I know Bill has some that are thicker and bolder still.

Ric776.jpg.dc3922e72fc1ca93bc6d955b606cae20.jpg

Another thing to consider is that I am confident mine is a production example and the vast majority of these we've seen are dug, including this one.

That purple hazy part over the ribbon is pretty common on the Sistersvilles. I wonder if the taterbugs might have been an attempt to recreate them. The pattern and glass both say sisters to me with that batch glass and wider striated ribbon in a wavy flag flame pattern with the drawn out tips. Either way it's a total killer marble! I could make room for that one any day :D

Here are a couple with a little of that purple over the ribbon from Sistersville. 

Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-202

Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-24.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cheese said:

That purple hazy part over the ribbon is pretty common on the Sistersvilles . . .

I know exactly what you are talking about - it's pretty distinctive. And I do see that purple color on some Sistersvilles, just not in combination with the tater-looking base glass (although maybe example #20 is close, I'll have to take another look when I get a chance - I'll report back).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cheese said:

The pattern and glass both say sisters to me with that batch glass and wider striated ribbon in a wavy flag flame pattern with the drawn out tips . . .

Hey Chuck, I still haven't been able to find the color combination on a Sistersville but I certainly did find some Sistersville base color that is really close, even closer than some of the Taters, so I am going to go with you and call it a Sistersville from here on out - I like that idea better anyway. Thanks for making me take another look! 🙂

• Like 1

I thought it was an Alley Green Giant in the jar when I bought it. After dumping the & some intense scrutiny "No av" ah well at 7/8ths still a very nice alley and probably harder to find than the ones with av who knows, I'm happy regardless :) "Thank you Ron & Chuck G. for the I.D. confirmation" :thup: Just what I wanted to hear this time, USA Baby !! :)

AV m.PNG

AV mm.PNG

AV mmm.PNG

AV mmmm.PNG

• Like 1