West Virginia Wednesday !!

image.png.239ae9001713d76be812f2c74ab2505b.png        "West Virginia Wednesday"            image.png.9cbc8f65dd33629a39bf031655b33168.png

A Champion Red Cloud. I had it labeled wrong for a long time until I posted it as a Champion Furnace marble and Chuck S. (cheese) informed me of my mistaken identity. It has also been mistaken by others as a Champion Hot Wheels. Here are a couple views of the same marble.

image.png.284c34a75cb0c12155c20563efb21aef.png

image.png.a77a27d2745e66dd3d7e862940437741.png

• Like 3

Here is a dandy at 5/8”. Alley Agate?

I am thinking that it must have come from some place in the Vintage Marble Capitol of the World—West Virginia.

This marble has a semi-opaque Brownish base glass with light Turquoise striping/swirls.

Hard light will not show trough the marble but it will at the edges. The striping/swirls go quite deep and throughout.

Marble—On!!!

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 9:49 AM, akroorka said:

I am thinking that it must have come from some place in the Vintage Marble Capitol of the World—West Virginia.

This marble has a semi-opaque Brownish base glass with light Turquoise striping/swirls.

Hard light will not show trough the marble but it will at the edges. The striping/swirls go quite deep and throughout.

Marble—On!!!

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

Killer Alley calg. Art !!  Cha Ching $$

• Award 1

11 hours ago, akroorka said:

Marble—On!!!

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

That's a bad mib there ....🔥🔥🔥🤤

• Award 1

"Happy West Virginia Wednesday"

image.png.385da8aa11dbf89dd13e7713a5501c1f.png       "A batch of Heaton Rotten Robbins"          image.png.5af61cff8e5aa5bea29e2adf76aaec4d.png

Please forgive all the reflections, not the best pic I know but the better of the two I took !!

image.thumb.png.a6e615b2036f8c700b1a68d11a95add3.png

Another pic of some Heaton Rotten Robbins taken by Chuck S. (cheese) There are a couple different variations this one is exactly like the ones I have.

LINK :  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/26001-named-heaton-types/page/2/

image.png.ca586a6a8a9c2225f046f1504d861de8.png

• Like 4

Here are two nice ones. No names or ID from me, I just like them. Opinions are welcome of course.

Is there a descriptive name given to the three fingered swirl apparition in the last one? I have seen this in a few different marbles and I wonder what it may be called—if anything.

Marble—On!!

Swirl11.jpg

Swirl12.jpg

Swirl21.jpg

Swirl22.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, cheese said:

I remember that red cloud moment Chad. I still don't have one. I think they must be a bit harder to find.

Here's my contribution for the day, a few hours late EST. 

Pink on brown Sistersville Alley. 

Copy of Presentation – Untitled Design - 2021-12-01T235701.303.jpg

I got my red cloud in a lot, if Paula won that box a bit back she will have 5, maybe she'll part w, one ?? Ah !! by the way, nice score on the mib Brother, a HTF color combo for sure, brown is pretty common but the pink you don't see everyday, not even every other day !!

• Like 1

Dave the ones you posted earlier aren't from the blush line, they are later marbles from St. Mary's. Usually more of a creamier base, often going to grey or tan. 

Chad I was wrong, I went and looked at my Champs and I do have one. Hard to keep up with my marbles anymore. I'm trying to amass as many marbles as I can so that when I start losing them, it will take a long time before anyone notices lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2