Jabo questions

2 hours ago, Berryb said:

Where can I find info on Jabo. Specifically I am looking for info on how many marbles they made per month/year and how were they distributed. I am sure the information is out there but I can't find it. Thanks

Bruce

Jabo Time 

20210716_170834.jpg

Have fun Bruce, there are literally hundreds of posts !!  Nantucketdink (Josh) is the most learned authority on Jabo runs & dates I know of, maybe a PM to him right here on the forum would bear some fruit for you ??

LINK https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewforum.php?f=21

nantucketdink (Josh) link to his write ups on Jabo runs & dates

LINK https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12106

Jabo had an astronomical amount of runs and  different marbles they made, a bear to tackle w/ miles of reading, probably a good reason why no book has been written as of yet, it would be at least foot thick !!

The reason I ask is; When I think of Jabo I think of a smallish company that made lots of small runs of marbles that went for the most part to collectors. That is obviously not true- at least not completely. There are Jabos everywhere. So they must have made marbles on a large scale and had a fairly sophisticated method of distribution. Anyway I got to thinking about it when Marbles were ID'd on this site as Jabo yet again. I began to think that my preconceived ideas about Jabo were wrong. I would not hazard a guess as to the percentage of Jabos up for ID on this (and others) site, but I suspect it is significant. So anyway that's why I'm asking.  Sorry about being so long winded. Thanks

Bruce