Oxblood August, It kind-of rhymes.

Helmets and Football season---a great choice no doubt.

Helmets are a sight to see when in a mass like this.

"Almost Oxblood" is still a color to be recognized, in this post at least. Its almost hard to believe that these were once considered Akro.

I think that I have a few Vitros---I used to call them veeetros now it is vitt-rows.(I still like veeetro though) that have unintended oxblood in them. Some searching will be done.

Marble--on for sure!!!

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

I think that I have a few Vitros---I used to call them veeetros now it is vitt-rows.(I still like veeetro though). . .

I think the only people that pronounce Vitro as vitt-row are people associated with the company and marblers.

On 8/20/2021 at 6:17 PM, akroorka said:

Helmets and Football season---a great choice no doubt.

Helmets are a sight to see when in a mass like this.

"Almost Oxblood" is still a color to be recognized, in this post at least. Its almost hard to believe that these were once considered Akro.

I think that I have a few Vitros---I used to call them veeetros now it is vitt-rows.(I still like veeetro though) that have unintended oxblood in them. Some searching will be done.

Marble--on for sure!!!

Learned something new once again! I’ve been calling them veetros all this time! 

The shadows are getting longer in Wisconsin and I am glad for some sunlight today. Oxblood August is almost to the end and I decided to end with a “flurry” of post’s—no snow yet—lol.

This post has received great support and I thank all of the contributors, supporters and lookers for getting their oxblood on---let’s GIV-ER!!! with a few more post’s.

Up first for me are some Jabo contracts ( jaybo is the pronunciation for those like me that had it wrong for many years)—sorry, I do not keep track of the names of the runs and buy them only because I like them.

I don’t mind a Jabo Contract marble here and there---On!!!

Jabocontract.JPG

These Akro’s have been called “Bricks” for a long time and are considered by many to be “dug only”—I of course disagree and have seen enough boxes of “Cornelians” to stand by it. No oxblood here—but very attractive and one of my faves to step up for. They resemble both bricks and slags and have a very cool depth to them that matches neither. Not transparent and not opaque—just different.

Cornelian—On!!

Cornelian.JPG

• Like 1

Cullet is King.

How many ID’s have been accomplished over the years using cullet such as this from various digs around the countryside of various states and countries? Hats off to all of you diggers out there that have made this stuff available to the masses. Keep on keepin-on-on for sure.

Diggers—Rule—On!!!

Cullet.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

They resemble both bricks and slags and have a very cool depth to them that matches neither. Not transparent and not opaque—just different.

My contribution to the not oxblood and "not transparent and not opaque—just different" bricks - Cornelians

Ric590.jpg

Some people might call the one on the right a "Mulberry Brick".

• Like 1

• 6 months later...