Original Ravenswood Catalogues?

12 minutes ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

Are these legit? There’s a few of them for sale online and I find it hard to believe that so many are floating around for only 14 to 30 bucks and that they are original. 

0243D242-5B8D-4883-BAAD-236466C9AC7F.png

I seen them to, judging by the amount of them circulating all at once and the ease of which they could be reprinted I'd be wary myself !! They look legit but ??

35 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I seen them to, judging by the amount of them circulating all at once and the ease of which they could be reprinted I'd be wary myself !! They look legit but ??

Yeah I doubt their legitimacy highly. 15 years of antiquing since I was 18 has taught me that things that are too good to be true usually are and that most likely they are Asian/Central American  fakes or reproductions and or just generalized scams even if the seller doesn’t know. 

I have no way of knowing if this one or these for sale are original or a copy or reprint ? The listing says original.  But Ravenswood Novelty did have this orange sales brochure.  The boy pictured on the left with the plaid shirt is Chuck Cox son of later Ravenswood Novelty owner Paul Cox. The boy on the right is Lee Hudkins a first cousin of Chuck Cox. I think Lee Hudkins mother was the sister of Charles Turnbull the original owner of Ravenswood Novelty.  I know they have been sold for 25 years or more. But recently more available than in the past. 

• Like 1