Akro Oxblood

Fire1981

It’s my understanding that the Glass Master maker at Akro figured out how to make Oxblood. I think his name was CJ Fields. It’s my understanding that employees from other factories got jobs at Akro and tried to steal the “formula “. True ? Kinda True ? Or just a bunch of Bull Carp. Scramble Carp and you get Crap. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Will take better pics today

no, I won't be taking better pics...:( My little Canon Powershot is worthless for macro, not even a setting for it. I have always used it in my work, and never had too much in the way of problems.

My X10 iphone does much better.

So, not green, more of a muddy brown. no light passes thru it when backlit.

57 minutes ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

Did CAC make oxblood marbles? 

I went to marblealan’s ID page, no mention of CAC producing oxblood, but no reference guide is 100% correct.

I pulled this pic of an MFC green brick, not really that green, plus the hand gathered tail.

D7F06684-3738-4F60-AA52-C580F0F7F8EA.png

1 hour ago, schmoozer said:

I went to marblealan’s ID page, no mention of CAC producing oxblood, but no reference guide is 100% correct.

I pulled this pic of an MFC green brick, not really that green, plus the hand gathered tail.

D7F06684-3738-4F60-AA52-C580F0F7F8EA.png

Yes !! Have seen green bricks w/ just a tint of green, transparent green base or opaque green, Here's a sale of a partially tramsparent Killer from a recent Ebay sale, Note the "cut line". I believe yours to still be MF Brad, maybe someone will chime in for a bit more info on this subject ??

image.png.96b91bd9d6d8f10d33d22d1e160224dd.png

image.png.d0c1908a547fbb1c843b0fb08bfbe37b.png

Another highly transparent one sold by Zaboo a couple years ago, demonstrating the highly variable bases in green bricks, evidently just a little tint is enough to call it a green brick.

image.png.4047c16b76de9a1a0407f4cd2fd66831.png

Another older transparent base brick sale from Ebay

image.png.e094ba97430dfff844aa17691610568d.png

Though a "cutline" is present I believe they're still considered to be made by MF, weather white, green, black, or just a regular ox brick (excluding Akro)  

image.png.5bfae608aeddd435f95e575e425140fb.png

• Like 1

I am not sure the first one is oxblood ?  Not sure with the far away pics. Maybe a CAC striped opaque? Maybe a MFC brick ?  Plus not sure on condition ?  CAC did have some with oxblood. Just a few months ago, I sold a CAC transparent blue with oxblood stripes or ribbons and with a very small amount of white. I had it for 15-20 years.  Plus years later the exact(even with the very little white)matching cullet was dug at Cambridge. But not many CAC with oxblood.