♥sad♥

Gladys

This is to my favorite Daughter who lost a friend in a missile attack in the “Green Zone”. My “little Girl” signed up, did two tours in Iraq and wanted more (still does). She was refused a tour in Afghanistan, Africa and Afghanistan once more.

She has fought too many people in the Army that wanted her to resign—she is a winner, a hero and still enlisted. Pretty scary when you know that your daughter (or son) is flying over Iraq in a helicopter or on the ground doing what must be done.

Also to my youngest Brother who was in Iraq when they invaded Kuwait. He is still and always will be suffering from Gulf War Syndrome. I will never forget the trouble we all had with communication at that time—we sent mini cassettes back and forth to keep in touch. He sent me this rock from Iraq (oil shale) along with a live Scorpion (surprise!!!). The Scorpion when into the freezer and I put it into a block of Lucite for him when he returned. He went back to serve a tour in Afghanistan regardless of his state of health.

Too many of our Military Veterans have suffered and will carry this with them forever. Carry on and I give you all my utmost respect.

SALUTE!!!

P9110002 (2).JPG

• Like 2