One For ID

Greeneyesgreenthumbs

The way that the cutoffs do not quite seal into the glass points me to Marble King. You can almost feel the seams with your fingernail. I have found this to be a common thing with MK marbles and the cutoff marks look right as well.

More input is needed on this one.

The green AV shows up in the green colors in marbles of all makers. This could be a topic on it’s own. I have a few Olive Drab/White Akro corks that have a little AV in the green and they are the rarest company to exhibit AV in their glass.

Marble—On!!!

Akro Agate made what are probably the highest quality marbles ever produced. Seams and folds may appear on the marbles that they made but a quality end product was always pursued. If you find a marble such as the one that you posted with a flawless factory surface I would still not call it an Akro or a Master Marble just because of the seams.

It is not a Pelt imho, it may be a Vitro, they did have deeper colors such as this.

I am glad to have my 17 year olds pushing past fourty--do they ever grow up????

Confusion---On!! and Marble--On as well!!! Thanks for sharing this one.

I am kinda leaning on Stephs first say on akro, then a possible pelt and vitro last. My opinion on this and this is why. If you go back to when akro started playing with av, (no matter what color) this av was not very compatible with their other glass color. This example shows what i call (splattering) av, not concentrated like other makers. Looking at some examples of corkscrews and maybe some royals you will find this. This happening splattering of av seems to lean towards akro, but that is for me, my opinion. Chuck G---

I LOVE to talk about (av) also. Over the years there has been little mention or talked about av in OLD hand mades from Europe. Members would probably like to have some past history on this. I know many things have been said but there is never enough to (keep learning) on ALL subjects of marble collecting, and (sharing) this drives us even more to collect. We want and desire for this hobby to continue and sharing information drives this forward. If you LOVE glass, marble forums is the places to learn.  Chuck G---