Peewee Akro?

Brock

Brock, that looks to be a Jabo to me also. That does bring up a good question that some may be able to answer. (Percentage) wise how many 1/2 inch pee-wee corkscrews did Akro make verses the other examples. All my years of collecting very hard to find Akro corks that are 1/2 inch and under. Chuck G---

Thats a good question Chuck.

I have not seen any thing smaller that 9/16" represented in a "Akro Sales Mens" box. I have seen a few Pee wees--but I'll bet that they all came out of the ground--bound to happen IMHO.

Any opinions are of course welcomed.

Marble--On!!

I agree the marble above is a Jabo classic swirl. Jabo made classic pee wees for several years, but small batches and many of the marbles were out of round or roll marked because most were made on 5/8 or 9/16 size rollers. Richard made a few batches at my request each year for 4-5 years. Dave M. later made a couple runs on the actual Vitro pee wee machine with less than 1/2 roll grooves. 

Every total original Akro Popeye box and bag set included a Akro pee wee in the section that contained the bag. All these that I have seen contained Akro patch pee wee marbles.  I would think any Akro corkscrew at 1/2 inch or smaller would be a error or mistake. As they would have needed more special equipment and a 1/2 size or smaller spinner cup etc. to produce 1/2 inch corkscrews regular as standard production. If they did produce them regular we would probably see good numbers of them. I would expect the percentage of 1/2 inch and under Akro corkscrews to be 1% or much less out of a 100% of all the corkscrews that Akro made.  

• Like 2
  • Award 1