Get Your Halloween On!

William

They made the movie "Halloween town" in St. Helens Oregon, that's where we went today to a vendors shop. So many people We couldn't even move so decided to go. I know, I should've snapped a few pix but way too many people !! I mean they do this for almost 4 weeks, there were at least a couple thousand people there, in any kind of Halloween get up you can imagine, and everywhere had a big, big long line , the infamous "Line Ride"  :badgrin: ....  seems like someone was laughing at us !!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

They made the movie "Halloween town" in St. Helens Oregon, that's where we went today to a vendors shop. So many people We couldn't even move so decided to go. I know, I should've snapped a few pix but way too many people !! I mean they do this for almost 4 weeks, there were at least a couple thousand people there, in any kind of Halloween get up you can imagine, and everywhere had a big, big long line , the infamous "Line Ride"  :badgrin: ....  seems like someone was laughing at us !!!

My kids loved that movie ...lol

23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

My kids loved that movie ...lol

I still have 2 weeks so I'll try and get up there & take a few pix if we get another nice day like today !! Really kinda creepy there, was a lot of Wicken (weird stuff) stuff going on there long before they made that movie !! Always a strange little town !!

• Haha 1

Looking forward to seeing those pics! We have the church bazaar today at the American Legion at 11am, then after that yardwork. Hopefully going to get those 2 big pumpkins carved today? I know where a huge "drive thru" haunted house is, the plan is to hit it next weekend. But the same scenario, long lines and waiting time. We'll see! 

4 hours ago, William said:

Looking forward to seeing those pics! We have the church bazaar today at the American Legion at 11am, then after that yardwork. Hopefully going to get those 2 big pumpkins carved today? I know where a huge "drive thru" haunted house is, the plan is to hit it next weekend. But the same scenario, long lines and waiting time. We'll see! 

In case I don't make it here's some pix from the movie & a few past celebration. I'll do my best to get it done though !!

LINK : https://portlandmofo.com/halloweentown-oregon-st-helens/

LINK https://www.facebook.com/Halloweentown.OR/

I have a bit of time, it goes on foe the entire month & started early this year, man talk about a load of people, the vendor stores will be plucked out, new inventory will be a must, Yeah !!

Pre-Halloween Bazaar held by the Mabel United Methodist Church. We donated a piece of window frame art, an old barn window left as is with a cross covered in lavender and yellow flowers painted onto the old glass...it fetched $25. Plus we spent $55 ourselves (or she did, she held the number card 😁), so a good day. Between the free will donations for the lunch and the auction, I'm pretty sure the church raised around $2,000! Very happy! Good job too all the volunteers, patrons and Fillmore County Commissioner Marc Prestby as auctioneer! Happy Halloween!

20211017_111118.jpg

20211017_112544.jpg

20211017_113024.jpg

20211017_113029.jpg

20211017_113037.jpg

20211017_113232.jpg

20211017_113243.jpg

20211017_113248.jpg

20211017_113253.jpg

20211017_130508.jpg

20211017_133604.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, William said:

Pre-Halloween Bazaar held by the Mabel United Methodist Church. We donated a piece of window frame art, an old barn window left as is with a cross covered in lavender and yellow flowers painted onto the old glass...it fetched $25. Plus we spent $55 ourselves (or she did, she held the number card 😁), so a good day. Between the free will donations for the lunch and the auction, I'm pretty sure the church raised around $2,000! Very happy! Good job too all the volunteers, patrons and Fillmore County Commissioner Marc Prestby as auctioneer! Happy Halloween!

20211017_111118.jpg

20211017_112544.jpg

20211017_113024.jpg

20211017_113029.jpg

20211017_113037.jpg

20211017_113232.jpg

20211017_113243.jpg

20211017_113248.jpg

20211017_113253.jpg

20211017_130508.jpg

20211017_133604.jpg

Hey !! is that sunshine I see in the bottom of the last pic ??

• Like 1

I was more than a little hopeful that Halloween would be occur between Monday and Thursday this year.  So I would be working at the evening job that I started last November.   But since it's on a Sunday, we'll probably have stuff for the trick-or-treaters.

Wait!  Since it's on a Sunday, my husband won't have an excuse not to do it!  He keeps buying candy and toys and putting them in goodie bags with the assumption that I'll hand them out.  He can do it this year!  Muwahahaha.   

ylDCRqo.jpg

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Hey !! is that sunshine I see in the bottom of the last pic ??

Yes it is! Today, tommorow and Tuesday is supposed to be lower 70's and sunshine then back to late October reality with 40's for highs Friday and after 😐

1 minute ago, William said:

Yes it is! Today, tommorow and Tuesday is supposed to be lower 70's and sunshine then back to late October reality with 40's for highs Friday and after 😐

Man, enjoy it while you can, I keep saying that & there's still green leaves on the trees here, though it was 35 the other night ?? Are we going to have a, Real Winter ?? When I was a kid it was 9 or 10 moths of Rain, mot showers, rain and 2 1/2 - 3 months of summer if we were lucky, snow to the top of the fence posts at least 3 or 4 times a year. Now lucky if the ground gets white, let alone staying there for 2 weeks !! Not complaining but I do really like the rain that's why I live here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Man, enjoy it while you can, I keep saying that & there's still green leaves on the trees here, though it was 35 the other night ?? Are we going to have a, Real Winter ?? When I was a kid it was 9 or 10 moths of Rain, mot showers, rain and 2 1/2 - 3 months of summer if we were lucky, snow to the top of the fence posts at least 3 or 4 times a year. Now lucky if the ground gets white, let alone staying there for 2 weeks !! Not complaining but I do really like the rain that's why I live here.

Yeah, same here. Seems like more brown Christmas's then white in recent years. Even the weekly outlook going through December doesn't show anything below 30 for daytime highs until late December. Also been seeing the bulk of our snow come from January through March. Poor Mother Earth, she gets crazier by the year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I remember growing up as a kid in Indiana, so much snow one year, around 1975, we got snowed in bad. Had to exit the house from the second floor windows! We lived in the country so I'm sure wind aided with the drifting but still, these days don't compare to then!

On 10/17/2021 at 6:04 PM, Steph said:

I was more than a little hopeful that Halloween would be occur between Monday and Thursday this year.  So I would be working at the evening job that I started last November.   But since it's on a Sunday, we'll probably have stuff for the trick-or-treaters.

Wait!  Since it's on a Sunday, my husband won't have an excuse not to do it!  He keeps buying candy and toys and putting them in goodie bags with the assumption that I'll hand them out.  He can do it this year!  Muwahahaha.   

ylDCRqo.jpg

Here fishy fishy ....

Love it Steph 😀

• Haha 1

It's alot of fun dressing up the property for the area kids every year. Unfortunately, the street I live on isn't like it used to be, back in the day everyone did their part with their yards. Neighbors come and go, myself and my good friends across the street are the only ones left here since I bought the place back in 01"...everyone else is "newer" around here and don't get into it I guess. I'll keep on keeping on 👍 Hopefully I see some more posts with some cool decorations 😊

I have good neighbors.  Three neighbors who are in my friend circle.  And one neighbor who is neutral.

Only the neutral neighbor and one of the friends have decorations and treats for the kids.  I was trying to.  But it's just not happening this year.  So I'm part of the problem!  

Well, the Halloweeny friends just bought the house on the other side of them and their mother moved into that, so maybe there will be one more trick-or-treaty house in the neighborhood.  I'll think harder about doing it next year.

One problem we have is that we don't quite have a front door.  

Our door that's closest to the front is pointing sideways and kids don't see the porchlight easily.   We need  to get a standing lamp to put outside that door just for Halloween.  

Shoot, can't find the videos she sent me. She took them while I sat out front in costume passing candy. My favorite was a little 4 year old soldier. Boy, he acted the role too! Hopefully she hasn't deleted them off her phone!

• 11 months later...