Your Sunday Best !!

Chad G.

I'm feeling nostalgic today so I'll post one of Mike's (migbar) marbles.

Ric988.thumb.jpg.fd250d08619f637e149f7701e8cbc9d6.jpg

He hand-inscribed the marble no., size and date - the rest of the info is printed on the insert. And the marble photo is actually cut out of photographic paper and glued to the insert.

He was great guy, very artistic, one-of-a-kind, for sure. And he made some really dandy marbles too.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

I’m right there with you on this one Ric 🔥

That's a nice selection of Mike's marbles, Rick. I'd say you are way ahead of me. I only have two of Mike's marbles, although I do have the packaging inserts with them. Do you have the inserts too?

7 hours ago, Ric said:

A pretty little marble in my eyes - just under 9/16" . . .

Ric996.jpg.9aca29006ee0d60a101fa4614bda2537.jpg

I think it's a nice Heaton . . . @cheese

Agreed on likely Heaton. I found a few of these and I remember noting that the way the white hits a bluish hue, it puts Ravenswood to mind. 

• Like 1

Just now, cheese said:

Agreed on likely Heaton. I found a few of these and I remember noting that the way the white hits a bluish hue, it puts Ravenswood to mind. 

Of course, Ravenswood was my first thought, but the internal action and the dug ones you showed make me lean toward Heaton pretty hard. I think that yellow/amber base is not so common for Ravenswood either. It's very Honey Biscuit -ish.

Yes, somewhat. The difference in the Honey Biscuit being that it's actually colorless clear with transparent honey colored ribbons and white ribbons. That honey ribbon also being transparent makes it look like the entire base is that amber color but it's not. Here's a pic that shows the three different glass types in the Honey Biscuit. You may already know this but I've seen several other collectors (mainly on Facebook) calling amber based/white ribbon marbles Honey Biscuits, so I thought I'd mention the difference. One cool part is that the honey ribbon is full of bubbles while the clear part has few. 

Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-58.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cheese said:

You may already know this but I've seen several other collectors (mainly on Facebook) calling amber based/white ribbon marbles Honey Biscuits, so I thought I'd mention the difference

I knew it a few days ago - thanks for the reminder. I probably won't forget it again. lol

I was looking at this one . . .

https://i.ibb.co/KjdP7MK/Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-50.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

Just killer patterns on that set!

"Thanks Ric" Here's the pitcher & 3 of the four Plates, the small saucers just have a dash of ox in the center.

image.thumb.png.8b9c47886cfb13f96cedbc821512f5a7.png

image.thumb.png.22b4f2e9f46ed3e1a33e18a0b34a8974.png

• Like 2
  • Care 1

3 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

That Akroware is beyond cool @Chad G. !  Does it glow? 

Hope everyone has a good week 🎉

IMG_E27C8AB4569A-1.jpeg

That set doesn't glow but the ox was too good to pass up, definitely a matched set, thank you for the compliment Jean  :)  by the way, nice mibs !! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

That set doesn't glow but the ox was too good to pass up, definitely a matched set, thank you for the compliment Jean  :)  by the way, nice mibs !! 

The oxblood is gorgeous and i love that milky silver base. My flower pot would stick out like a sore thumb lol 

And thank you re: the corks!! 

IMG_B84EB5626B0C-1.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cheese said:

I posted this one on the Facebook page as Ravenwood, was told that it could be a Heaton 

FB_IMG_1673250749021.jpg

FB_IMG_1673250735623.jpg

FB_IMG_1673250724194.jpg

12 hours ago, Joe2 said:

I posted this one on the Facebook page as Ravenwood, was told that it could be a Heaton 

FB_IMG_1673250749021.jpg

FB_IMG_1673250735623.jpg

FB_IMG_1673250724194.jpg

FWIW, I'd also say Ravenswood because I think the base glass is very similar/the same as a Red Raven. Say, could it be a Green Raven?