Glad Press and Seal, enlightenment for new and old collectors as well

akroorka

This is what a simple request to a seller on e-bay may turn out to be.
This is my standard request;”
“Hello, Thanks for the auction. Please pack these nice and tight so they do not knock around into each other during shipment. Thanks again and have a great day, Art”
This is my request for larger lots;
Hello, Thanks for the auction. Large lots of marbles can be a bear to safely ship. My suggestion is to separate them into several bunches then wrap these up nice and tight in a freezer bag or bubble wrap and wrap that in packing tape real tight like a mummy so they do not knock around into each other or break loose during shipment. Thanks again, and have a great day, Art
I have read a bunch of posts giving grief to sellers who do not pack well. Check the seller’s history and be rewarded. Many sellers do not sell marbles unless they come across them in a lot or estate. They do not know how to treat them. 
Years back, in my small postal community, there was a watch for marbles rolling around on the floor and ask Art if they are his. It did pay off more than once. I learned my lesson years many ago and always send a shipping request regardless of the seller. I do offer extra for compliance, it has never been an issue with any seller.
Some come off as “snippy” as in douh! These are marbles, of course I will pack them with love. Who cares what the seller says—I want them to arrive and not be on the floor of the truck.
This seller did a great thing. Rolled them up in Glad Press and Seal. What a great idea! I will copy this idea. It may take some effort to unpack them and clean them, well worth the while imho.
These may be more common Master Marbles but they are a back-fillers dream. I am getting what I paid for, thanks to a simple request. I will post the nice big red one someday—it is a Killer marble.
Marble—On!!!

Glad.JPG

• Award 1

I've sent multiple marbles vacuum-packed in tubes made from seal-a-meal bags.

I have also rolled them up in thin packing foam with a disc of the same material separating the mibs - sort of like packing pennies in a paper tube.

The second option is the easiest, and the easiest to unpack too.

• Like 1

All good. Wrapping each one in aluminum foil also works. I have had so many mesh bags arrive broke open and most end up with the bag header broken. Even from well known high end dealers and auction houses.  Some roll them in one layer of small bubble wrap. Fold the bag over and stuff it in a box to bounce around. NEVER fold a old mesh bag.  

Haven't bought anything off eBay lately but I used to make similar requests for safe packing.  Some sellers would do a good job, others didn't seem to give a hoot (and I'd end up mailed a box of loose marbles rolling around, with some fine busted up glass at the bottom).  After all, say you're buying 100 marbles for $10 and expect the seller to spend the time and material to wrap each one individually?  It can be a bit of a crap shoot.  I'd always leave good feedback for the sellers that took the time.