Vitro Tiger Eye bird atop a damaged red slag

bumblebee

Loving it. We're also into the wildlife here in Southeast Minnesota. Backyard is covered with various types of feeders. In the winter we have a few varieties of sparrow, chickadees, juncos, purple finch, cardinals, nuthatch, jays and a few varieties of woodpeckers. 

In the Spring, I look forward to the color! Goldfinches, Redbreasted Grosbeak, Indigo bunting, bluebird, so many more! Sometimes I'm lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the huge Pileated woodpecker. Last year was probably one of my finest moments watching birds. In the photo below, if you look closely, I received my first Albino, a sparrow! Sorry for the distance, all I had was my phone and I couldn't risk losing the moment too obtain a better option 😊

20210905_154842.jpg

20210905_145205.jpg

10 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Come on ! I do the Big Day with my wife. I still have not cheated on Google or E Bird. 
What is it ?  Could your White Sparrow be an example of a white Lou Cystic Sparrow ? Or does it have pink eyes ?!

Didn't have a good, close enough look at it. I tried creeping up on it too get closer after it flew over too the garden. Got with 10 feet! But as soon as I got into focus, it took off. The only day I saw it, never came back. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Since I posted this last year when it happened, I'm going to bump this thread because....IT'S BACK!!!

The Albino that briefly visited me last year for a couple days is back. It showed up about 4 days ago and has been here multiple times a day since then. I'll try to get better pictures but this will have to do. 

It hopped down from the tree to sneak a drink 😊

Also an added plus, Patty saw it for the first time, with me, last Friday and the kids saw it yesterday with us. Witnesses definitely a plus 👍

20220710_191913.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, William said:

Since I posted this last year when it happened, I'm going to bump this thread because....IT'S BACK!!!

The Albino that briefly visited me last year for a couple days is back. It showed up about 4 days ago and has been here multiple times a day since then. I'll try to get better pictures but this will have to do. 

It hopped down from the tree to sneak a drink 😊

Also an added plus, Patty saw it for the first time, with me, last Friday and the kids saw it yesterday with us. Witnesses definitely a plus 👍

20220710_191913.jpg

C'mon William, we know you're trippin & that bird perched on the dish is stuffed  .....  :badgrin:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/21/2022 at 1:45 AM, Fire1981 said:

Wait ! What ? What State do you live in. I am an avid birder and I’m not going to Google Cheat on this one. It has to be a warbler of some kind ! Don’t leave me hanging here.

Just found this!  I`m with him ^^^^^!  Steph, can`t you make bumblebee come back and tell us what that freakin` gorgeous bird is????

And great albino pics - have never seen one in the wild. But there is a great Piliated Woodpecker that stops by, and a pair of Red-Headed Woodpeckers nesting in the yard next to mine, and dining at my feeders nearly every day . . . 

4 hours ago, ann said:

And great albino pics - have never seen one in the wild. But there is a great Piliated Woodpecker that stops by, and a pair of Red-Headed Woodpeckers nesting in the yard next to mine, and dining at my feeders nearly every day . . . 

Thank you, Ann...that little rarity is still stopping by, multiple times a day. I can never get off a good shot for a decent picture...and the video. I just realized after all these months that the video is one of the last ones I made before cancer took my voice. Heck, maybe THE last one. Glad it's here 😊

On 8/25/2022 at 11:13 PM, ann said:

How great that he/she likes your yard!

I am pretty sure a female sparrow. Not sure of what species though...and she is a dominating presence at the one feeder I call the "Cafe". She won't let anyone feed alongside her when she's there! If another Sparrow or Chickadee lands on it while she's there, they get pecked at!

And my consistent woodpecker visitors would be the Downy Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Redheaded Woodpecker, and a larger variety of what I think is variety  of the Hairy Woodpecker.

The latter resembles the tiny Downy Woodpecker, but is at least 7-10 inches. I know it's not a Pileated. I haven't had one visit for a couple years but have spotted one in the area in flight!