Vitro Tiger Eye bird atop a damaged red slag

bumblebee

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, Patty's sister came over with her camera and shot a ton of pictures of our "pale" bird. But Get This...not too long after she left, the "Albino" bird that's been here all year came back to feed with a few other sparrows and Chickadees at the Cafe, our hanging feeder in the corner.

Shortly thereafter, another group of sparrows came in too feed under the oak tree and at the feeder that hangs from it. And with this second group of birds, ANOTHER ALMOST WHITE SPARROW!!! Couldn't freaking believe it.

Here are a few pics with my phone, hopefully you can see the difference. I do hope too have those nice pictures from her sister soon. It's a $500 camera with a lense adaption at least a foot long. I think they will be nice 👍

Anyway, here's not one, but two pale complexion sparrows....the one on the fence is the one that's been here all this time. The one by the bowl and on the black topped feeder is the one I have never seen before. Utterly amazing!

20220917_172906.jpg

20220917_162943.jpg

20220917_162932.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William said:

Finally, Patty's sister came over with her camera and shot a ton of pictures of our "pale" bird. But Get This...not too long after she left, the "Albino" bird that's been here all year came back to feed with a few other sparrows and Chickadees at the Cafe, our hanging feeder in the corner.

Shortly thereafter, another group of sparrows came in too feed under the oak tree and at the feeder that hangs from it. And with this second group of birds, ANOTHER ALMOST WHITE SPARROW!!! Couldn't freaking believe it.

Here are a few pics with my phone, hopefully you can see the difference. I do hope too have those nice pictures from her sister soon. It's a $500 camera with a lense adaption at least a foot long. I think they will be nice 👍

Anyway, here's not one, but two pale complexion sparrows....the one on the fence is the one that's been here all this time. The one by the bowl and on the black topped feeder is the one I have never seen before. Utterly amazing!

20220917_172906.jpg

20220917_162943.jpg

20220917_162932.jpg

Ah ha !! Ya finally got em cornered, I came over here right after I seen the "Bird Emergency" Post on "Slags & Swirls Saturday"  Hear, hear, impeccable work Watson !! I can see you shuffling across the yard now from the marble setup to get a good shot  :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, William said:

Finally, some of the shots from Patty's sister were just sent to me! Here, in beautiful detail, is my pale little friend (along with some of her normally colored buddies)...I should be getting more soon 😊

Resized__DSC0126_6258902502522.jpg

Aha !! Finally busted the little ghost :thup:

8 hours ago, William said:

Yeah, they are nice...she took some even better close up shots than these! I'm actually getting one from her framed and 8×10! 

Better Patent that one of a kind camouflage she used while yer it William !! Official "Bird Watcher Ware" 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, William said:

Thought I would keep this with what has become a rather nice bird thread.. just stepped back outside too shoot some more marbles in this nice natural light and look who decided too join me 😊

20220930_161248.jpg

20220930_161240.jpg

It's the cousin of the white feathered ghost come to taunt you  ....  :lol2: ...  BTW did you get that first frost over there yet ?? They changed their mind here again, tomorrow 84 and the next a blistering 87, unheard of around here for this time of year. October used to ring in Deer season and the first frost when I was a kid, usually we'd already had a frost before the end of Sept. Crazy weather fer sher, I'm still waiting to take pix of the leaves beginning to fall ??

8 hours ago, Chad G. said:

It's the cousin of the white feathered ghost come to taunt you  ....  :lol2: ...  BTW did you get that first frost over there yet ?? They changed their mind here again, tomorrow 84 and the next a blistering 87, unheard of around here for this time of year. October used to ring in Deer season and the first frost when I was a kid, usually we'd already had a frost before the end of Sept. Crazy weather fer sher, I'm still waiting to take pix of the leaves beginning to fall ??

Yep, it happened. Somewhat light but enough too kill off a ton of leaves. Actually torn out the pumpkin and squash vines on Thursday. It's staying in the 40's at night and upper 60's with sun for many days now so I'm "milking" what's left that I had covered. Probably tear it all out in a week or so...

OMG, what the heck is going on around here!? Am I going crazy? Or did these nutty sparrow mutations just go from the light side to the dark side?

Just saw this group seconds ago and jaw hit floor!

Sparrow or not?

And if not, why hang out with them?

20221001_162400.jpg

• Haha 1