Anything Round !

Fire1981

1 hour ago, wvrons said:

Great keepsake !  Nice frame, I would have never thought of that.  That would be nice for some of my old motorcycle dirt bike years pictures.

Thanks Ron,

I think it was my Grandfather that had several frames he used old chains on. This one I purchased sometime ago but the initial idea came from Gramps,  born in 1914 & living during & through the great depression he threw away nothing. I inherited his old house, the sheds were packed w/ old straightened out nails, screws, board parts, you name it, everything was recycled or reused. My father was the same way as am I, we live in such a disposable society now they manufacture stuff to only last a few years @ best i.e. " disposable junk"

14 hours ago, Chad G. said:

A picture of my Father in the late 50's probably when he got out of the Navy just before I was born. My how time does fly, not much of a resemblance to my spherical shaped noggin in the prior picture, I wonder ? .....  :badgrin:

image.thumb.png.70a7ab69414e02b7bace6973394b9c49.png

image.thumb.png.d05218eaec7aa11243c59a6e51032cd3.png

Chad, you know the old joke about that? Sailors were in a bar, razzing some coasties about being afraid of deep water, and other things. A coastie finally spoke up and said that the Navy should really be more appreciative of the CG, after all, all your kids would be ugly if it weren’t for us😆

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Chad, you know the old joke about that? Sailors were in a bar, razzing some coasties about being afraid of deep water, and other things. A coastie finally spoke up and said that the Navy should really be more appreciative of the CG, after all, all your kids would be ugly if it weren’t for us😆

Funny thing C.G. are my initials ..... 😆

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a tree like this in the back forty and have been collecting these little orbs for at least 30 years, picking them up when they fall to the ground. A picture frame or something like that is in the not too distant future.  They are sized from really small up to four inches in diameter

“There are at least 232 species of the fungus Phomopsis. Several of these produce abnormal swellings (galls) on bitternut hickory trees. The galls are identical in appearance and identification of the associated species in the field is not possible”.

Thanks Minnesotaseasons.com.

Round things on!!

P9200205 (2).JPG

• Like 1

A “Black Spanish” radish, my first good one of the year. 
They are not for the faint at heart. About the same heat as a Jalapeño—but this one goes up the sinuses like Horseradish. Peel them, slice them, a little salt and go on a nice journey into radish land----hmmmm, what a place!!
Root crops —On!!

P9230006 (2).JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, William said:

Haven't pinpointed it's manufacturer or manufacture date yet but that's a good guess 👍

Narrowed it down too the late 60's or 70's. Found one but it's square and doesn't have the "raised butt rests"...

• 2 months later...

Took about 14 years to get the owner to let this globe light go. It was in a local Snohomish antique store. Got it installed yesterday by 2 awesome electricians.

we have never found another example online. The cash register is from the wife’s family business, originally came from Dayton, Wa dated 1913.

E11B9312-0A6D-4872-9890-6B4540F3BB99.thumb.jpeg.0a4c583cba37a7a575c6ffc7032269b5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1